Latest news:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 37 of 39
Re: RUMOURS
Sit_Down 31 March, 2020 13:07
Quote:
grumpy graham
I too have a feeling that this could be one that could come back to haunt us in the future. To my mind Lewis has delivered on the pitch when given a chance & as alluded to it looked like he was just hitting some good form before the enforced break. With a number of Props on the books maybe the club had to make a decision & to my mind its looking like a call between him or Armstrong.
If he manages to maintain his improvement I could well see him playing in the Premiership in the future. In any event I wish him & his family well for the future.

This doesn't feel like the club made the decision. Seems like he wants to be back in London where wider family are with a child on the way. Feels more like it was his decision so I say good luck to him.

However @Rinkadink, I hope Ealing NEVER get promoted.

Rich. 31 March, 2020 13:51
Seeing as half London seem to want to move down here as soon as they have kids it's good to see the opposite happening here smiling smiley All the best to him and his family.

cider head 01 April, 2020 18:38
Rest of the season played on the shetland islands,!

cider head 01 April, 2020 18:40
Is this April fools joke or what?

cider head 01 April, 2020 18:45
Yep certainly is, some cretin from rugbypass.

James_P 02 April, 2020 11:31
[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

Interview with Sanderson about sarries next season. Mentions that he hopes Malins and Earl go back there after the loans with us but that it isn't 100% yet.

youngone 02 April, 2020 14:12
Knowing they have the option to stay make the loans seem a much, much better move. I know every fan is likely to say this about their club but you get the impression people really enjoy being in Lams set up and with the better facilities etc we may end up with some permanent deals at the end of next year.

Toby12 02 April, 2020 19:07
Surely we would need to buy out Malins and Earl contracts with Saracens if they wanted to stay with us beyond the loan season. Both have signed 4 year contracts with Saracens I believe and would be very expensive.

TimothyQ 03 April, 2020 12:07
Quote:
Toby12
Surely we would need to buy out Malins and Earl contracts with Saracens if they wanted to stay with us beyond the loan season. Both have signed 4 year contracts with Saracens I believe and would be very expensive.

Who knows? They signed new contracts immediately before the loan move was announced, so they may have included break clauses.

We have no way of knowing, but those comments from Sanderson suggest that it will be up to the players.

Bristapo 03 April, 2020 13:32
"What happened to the players was none of their fault", and yet they stood up, despite having another kick in the balls, another thing taken away. There was no bigger challenge than rising above it and honouring the standards players like Brad Barritt and Richard Wigglesworth have helped to establish.Ē Wiggy 9 !!! ?

Grizzly Adams 07 April, 2020 09:34
Hereís clutching at straws for any news of players extending or signing for the club.

On the Ruck website
The flying Fijian has made quite the impression after his mid-season switch from Newcastle Falcons to replace Jamie Roberts but Bath boss Stuart Hooper revealed he only has a contract at The Rec until the end of the season. Bristol Bears director of rugby Pat Lam is known to be a huge fan of the player.

Iíve always thought he seems a decent enough player, admittedly Iíve not seen to much of him though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2020 10:06 by Grizzly Adams.

Albertfromla 07 April, 2020 10:49
Grizzly who IS the flying Fijian mentioned in your post ?

James_P 07 April, 2020 11:39
Quote:
Albertfromla
Grizzly who IS the flying Fijian mentioned in your post ?

Matevasi, decent player.

Grizzly Adams 07 April, 2020 12:53
Sorry would help to put the name.

Yes James_P is correct Josh Matevasi

EalOne 07 April, 2020 13:21
Based on statements made recently I do not think they will be signing any new players if the current ones are not guaranteed a job in the future. Sadly.

Rich. 07 April, 2020 17:12
Quote:
EalOne
Based on statements made recently I do not think they will be signing any new players if the current ones are not guaranteed a job in the future. Sadly.

TBH if this is 'just' a short-term, albeit devastating, matter then, whatever the public statements, I can't in any way see our owner not stepping in to prevent things going downhill. He pumped in all that money to get us to where we are now and to not put in a bit more at this stage to enable the club to have a good chance of going on to achieve what it looks like it could potentially achieve would make no sense at all (from either business or his personal point of view).

Grizzly Adams 07 April, 2020 18:37
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
EalOne

TBH if this is 'just' a short-term, albeit devastating, matter then, whatever the public statements, I can't in any way see our owner not stepping in to prevent things going downhill. He pumped in all that money to get us to where we are now and to not put in a bit more at this stage to enable the club to have a good chance of going on to achieve what it looks like it could potentially achieve would make no sense at all (from either business or his personal point of view).

I have no doubt you are correct. However I think itís about time that overpaid sports people (especially selfish greedy premier league footballers), realise that the people that really count are the ones on the frontline of this pandemic ie NHS staff, carers, bus drivers and others who have died just doing their job!

Rant over
Sorry

RJC 08 April, 2020 07:47
I have a feeling that it will change some clubs business models to be more within their means, however some clubs will be driven by money and glory, and they will continue to spend to compete for trophies, whilst the others find their new natural level.
More-so in Football than in Rugby, but what it's highlighted is that if you cut the funding then virtually every club is 3-4 months from going under in the Premiership.

But the same could be said for any business, not many businesses have the cash reserves to cover overheads.

With all that said, they are not essential workers and that should put everything into context.

Cotman 09 May, 2020 17:56
Glad we never signed him if you ask me.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

James_P 11 May, 2020 12:36
New arrival at 1pm. Matavesi? Cruse? Byrne joining permanently? Only ones I can remember any rumours about.

Current Page: 37 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net