Peter D 05 June, 2019 11:09
Mike Collins a fine player and part of a fine Bristol side. RIP

Re: Mike Collins, RIP
dpw 05 June, 2019 11:15
The Club's tribute here.......

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

airdog 05 June, 2019 11:47
sad to hear of the passing of Mike , I had heard he had been unwell recently so not really a surprise .
Mike was a great winger dangerous going forward and a fierce tackler and it was largely watching him and Ellery on the other wing that got me excited as a child a passion I will be taking into what I reckon will be my 65th season .
R.I.P.and thanks for the memories Mike , my sympathy goes to your family .

Hercules Spoons 05 June, 2019 17:15
We’re about the same vintage airdog and, similarly, I remember those two great wingers so well
Great times
RIP Mike Collins and condolences to his family

graham t 05 June, 2019 19:21
One of my favourite Bristol players and one I enjoyed watching enormously when I started to follow Bristol. Very strong for his size and also extremely elusive. The fact that he was never capped by England was really scandalous; he regularly completely outplayed more favoured opponents when they came to the Mem. England selection in those days was often weird to say the least. Players from the London area who scored tries against Old Boys Clubs were selected ahead of those who frequently had to play against strong Welsh clubs. Blues from the latest Varsity match were often favoured as well.

gran 06 June, 2019 06:23
Spot on Graham T. Mike Collins was overlooked by England along with several other players from that era. Watching them all regularly taking apart the fashionable clubs from London and their England internationals was a joy.
RIP Mike

bris-stato 08 June, 2019 20:18
Mike was in the Bristol side when I first started supporting Bristol. An early memory was something rare in the game in those days, a cross field kick, probably by Pearn or Nichols, which Mike took with ease. Sadly overlooked for International honours but remembered fondly by those lucky enough to have seen him play.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net