Latest news:
Untitled Document

Rugby Fix until the season starts...
Discussion started by Rinkadink , 05 June, 2019 16:45
Rugby Fix until the season starts...
Rinkadink 05 June, 2019 16:45
... so what is everyone doing for their rugby fix during the off season? Near the end we'll obviously have the world cup but I've started to watch League again after a few years away (no Sky) and there's been some absolute crackers, particularly in the Challenge cup; Bradford vs Leeds was a real blast from the past (might be on BBC iplayer still) and Warrington vs Wigan was very high quality. We won't talk about my adopted club Hull KR at the moment! Does anyone know of a rugby league style rugby pass for watching online? Would be nice to catch some NRL games too. Don't really enjoy 7s as much but my family do.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Re: Rugby Fix until the season starts...
Peter D 05 June, 2019 17:45
The summer's for cricket .

hooter 05 June, 2019 19:35
The only way I can raise any interest in cricket is to watch the highlights of a days play for a hour on tele.

Rich. 05 June, 2019 19:57
Quote:
hooter
The only way I can raise any interest in cricket is to watch the highlights of a days play for a hour on tele.

For those without Sky Sport that's the only option available unfortunately. IMO the move to Sky has led to higher paid top players but all other effects have been dreadful for the game - hardly any young people watching it (with subsequent impact on numbers playing), an absenxe if test players for County games (further reducing attendance and interest) and what was a vibrant Sunday 40 over league has gone - ah the days of watching Proctor, Zaheer etc v Botham and Richarda at the County Ground with a packed house!!. We now have baseball-cricket with music (aka 20-20) that only has once a season (with lots of beer) appeal and only England get good test attendances. The game is dying I'm afraid. I used to be very in to it and play but I can't even tell you now if Glos are in Div 2 or 1 of the County Championship.

Platwell House 05 June, 2019 20:37
Quote:
Rinkadink
... so what is everyone doing for their rugby fix during the off season? Near the end we'll obviously have the world cup but I've started to watch League again after a few years away (no Sky) and there's been some absolute crackers, particularly in the Challenge cup; Bradford vs Leeds was a real blast from the past (might be on BBC iplayer still) and Warrington vs Wigan was very high quality. We won't talk about my adopted club Hull KR at the moment! Does anyone know of a rugby league style rugby pass for watching online? Would be nice to catch some NRL games too. Don't really enjoy 7s as much but my family do.
Is there anything I'm missing?
Rugby League when I can, if you can get there the Challenge Cup Final rinkadink is a good laugh and with tickets being cheap I have never seen so many wasted people in my life when I went.

Furriner 06 June, 2019 08:41
One thought on Richís criticism of Sky - who I agree are far from perfect. They won the contract to broadcast the Champ live, then actually showed a minuscule number of games. But at least they did some. Contrast that with ITV, who have the monopoly in England on showing U20s World Cup games. How many have they decided to treat us to? One: the Final.

Now thatís pure rubbish coverage!

Jonny thomas 06 June, 2019 09:52
Englands u20 world cup games are on YouTube

Rich. 06 June, 2019 10:22
I'm not criticising Sky but the Cricket authorities. During times when I've temporarily got Sky sports (e.g. for the Lions tour) the occasional bit of cricket I watched was very well covered, marketed and presented.

Hercules Spoons 06 June, 2019 16:20
I think the rugby season is in danger of being too prolonged and would be pleased to see the back of the play offs - Saracens arranged their season around this, as Wasps used to do.

I'm not keen on the Prem Cup either although I do accept it gives squad players a chance.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to next season (now we're safe)

Grizzly Adams 06 June, 2019 22:05
According to the post you can watch the U20 games here
[www.world.rugby]

However Iíve not tried it yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 22:06 by Grizzly Adams.

Jimeno 07 June, 2019 09:35
Cricket, Super Rugby, one more round of sevens.

Are England sevens in a crisis?

°Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

Singapore Sam 07 June, 2019 10:06
Quote:
Jimeno

RFU talking about cutting/abolishing funding, their main sponsor in administration and some of the old guard looking rather ragged in a number of games recently. Could be better!

Jimeno 07 June, 2019 14:09
Quote:
Singapore Sam
Quote:
Jimeno

RFU talking about cutting/abolishing funding, their main sponsor in administration and some of the old guard looking rather ragged in a number of games recently. Could be better!

Didn't know it was that bad - I don't follow it that closely.

Just happened to notice that they hadn't done at all well in the last two meets - London and Paris.

°Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

dpage 07 June, 2019 20:22
To get through the summer I am travelling in my camper through Germany, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and then I'm not sure where. However, each morning I stop for a coffee and pastry and check up on all the rugby news. So not too bad!
At present I am finishing dinner, watching the sun go down over the Appenines between Bologna and Florence and also finishing a cheap bottle of wine.

Stevie_Wonder 07 June, 2019 21:51
Quote:
dpage
To get through the summer I am travelling in my camper through Germany, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and then I'm not sure where. However, each morning I stop for a coffee and pastry and check up on all the rugby news. So not too bad!
At present I am finishing dinner, watching the sun go down over the Appenines between Bologna and Florence and also finishing a cheap bottle of wine.

Not all heros wear capes. Enjoy

Rinkadink 07 June, 2019 23:40
Quote:
dpage

I think you have the best idea, safe travels!

John Denver 10 June, 2019 14:08
A date for your diary - 2019/20 Premiership fixtures and Premiership Cup schedule, Wednesday 10 July

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net