Nicky Thomas
Discussion started by robtheh , 03 July, 2019 10:41
Nicky Thomas
robtheh 03 July, 2019 10:41
...rejoins on a one year deal.

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Re: Nicky Thomas
Rinkadink 03 July, 2019 13:10
Weird one this, suppose it can't hurt to give him another go and before he left the second time did appear much improved. Perhaps we can get the most of him with better coaching?

Welcome back again! (Is this the 3rd stint now?)

BigO 03 July, 2019 14:51
Agree - it's a bit of an odd one. Seem to recall that there were a few raised eyebrows about his level of fitness last time around, so I guess a full pre-season under Pat's eye can only help him get to where he needs to be.

AlexInSouthville 04 July, 2019 13:13
Bags of talent in the set piece, but age 24 (and by his own admission) mobility/conditioning continues to be his issue.

Not every prop is going to be chiselled like Max Lahiff, but you would hope that when even the Dragons are ushering you toward the door, the penny drops and you sort your nutrition.

I seem to remember reading (although could be wrong) that Phil Greening was in a similar position years ago at Gloucester, but after moving to Sale, they forced him to live in the same apartment block as John Mitchell who took him out running for hours on end, got his weight right down, and he ended up unlocking every last ounce of his massive potential

Fingers crossed we can do the same, and he can become the player all Welsh fans hoped he would.

Jonny thomas 04 July, 2019 13:26
Can't help but think someone is injured and we needed a replacement a bit quick
Hope I'm wrong
No relation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 13:27 by Jonny thomas.

Knowle Blue 04 July, 2019 17:18
Iím sure thereís some reasoning behind this, but I do feel we are light in a few positions. Iím reading about lots of significant signings, but not really any to us over the last month or so.

TimothyQ 04 July, 2019 20:38
You can never have too many props.

Iím interested to find out where He rugby Purdy ends up and if Johnny Williams is going to take a year in the championship, but I think our recruitment is probably done.

youngone 05 July, 2019 13:21
Didn't he come off the bench for an important win or two this season? And if that was an injury cover loan perhaps he meshed really well and lam saw it a good opportunity to get him on board when dragons released him. To be fair we have made few signings so fsr this season compared to other teams which suggests lams only looking to add people he thinks will add genuine value to the squad. Still only 24 too.

PJ6 06 July, 2019 09:04
Heís probably good value and will keep practice miles off of John afoa (and learn from him). Sensible business.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net