Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New shirts
Discussion started by ColinDaniel , 03 July, 2019 13:30
New shirts
ColinDaniel 03 July, 2019 13:30
Any educated guesses when we might see what the new shirt will look like? I would have thought before fixture release day?

Re: New shirts
bartman! 03 July, 2019 14:58
As the season starts late September probably looking at late November, if past seasons are anything to go by (Sm163)

BigO 03 July, 2019 16:52
On a related point, it makes you wonder if we'll have a new shirt main sponsor coming on-board? Given the sort of season we've just had, you'd assume there are some big brands out there clamering to get a piece of the action, and pay significantly more than Toogood were able to (it wasn't announced at the time, but pretty sure that would have been a one-year deal).

Brizzle 03 July, 2019 20:05
I hope not, would be the first time in about 15 years we haven't changed the shirt year after year because of one sad reason or another …. lucky shirts I say … also I'm not buying another one after just a year !

TimothyQ 03 July, 2019 20:35
I’d buy one if it was significantly different. More and more, I am embracing a full red / red and white home kit so I will keep my eyes open.

Singapore Sam 03 July, 2019 22:21
Quote:
BigO
On a related point, it makes you wonder if we'll have a new shirt main sponsor coming on-board? Given the sort of season we've just had, you'd assume there are some big brands out there clamering to get a piece of the action, and pay significantly more than Toogood were able to (it wasn't announced at the time, but pretty sure that would have been a one-year deal).

At the time it was labelled the "most substantial commercial agreement in the club’s history". If memory serves me correctly Mitsubishi put in a fair amount so I assume Toogood must have put up a chunk of change, but of course it could all be relative.

Big Dave 03 July, 2019 22:57
Why don't we have a completely green shirt? Why do we have shirts at all?

Why don't we try and pretend that nothing happened between 1888 and a rebrand in 2018?

Anyway, remember the hype about the "massive" Bass deal?

Rinkadink 04 July, 2019 00:20
Quote:
Brizzle
I hope not, would be the first time in about 15 years we haven't changed the shirt year after year

We had the same shirt for two years in a row before the rebrand, the one where red first popped up on the sides. Was not a good design.

I would be happy to keep our current kit though, this one is really good.

Platwell House 04 July, 2019 08:19
More hoops for me please and maybe somewhere a reference to the Bristol number system

Gray_Lensman 04 July, 2019 08:21
'Number' system?

inatthebreakdown 04 July, 2019 08:35
There appears to be a new range of training and warm-up shirts for the new season. Being worn by the players in training photos on Instagram.

ColinDaniel 04 July, 2019 08:50
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
There appears to be a new range of training and warm-up shirts for the new season. Being worn by the players in training photos on Instagram.

Aye, and pleased to see they are also blue rather than red

Peter D 04 July, 2019 09:49
More hoops less red.

Rich. 04 July, 2019 09:52
Quote:
ColinDaniel
Quote:
inatthebreakdown

Aye, and pleased to see they are also blue rather than red

Yes but that might suggest any new shirt is more red than last season's - and so the training shirt is a contrast. I suggest we wait and see as this subject can cause a lot of passion and it might be wasted passion (& disagreement) if we find out there's no new shirt anyway!.

BigO 04 July, 2019 14:54
Quote:
Singapore Sam
Quote:
BigO

At the time it was labelled the "most substantial commercial agreement in the club’s history". If memory serves me correctly Mitsubishi put in a fair amount so I assume Toogood must have put up a chunk of change, but of course it could all be relative.

Looks like Toogood are investing in the football:

[www.bcfc.co.uk]

Having just looked at their accounts, it makes you wonder how a company of that size can justify investing what must be a big whack of dosh (to them), to sponsor a Premiership rugby club, and a Championship football club.

Good on them though... unless this is a pre-cursor to them dropping rugby, because someone else in coming on board (if so, that's not coming across in the City press release).

Rinkadink 04 July, 2019 16:20
To be fair its not City's main sponsor, just a small name on their shorts by the look of things.

Peter_B 04 July, 2019 17:41
Blue and red quarters, as specified by the Marketing Dept to please everyone(sic).

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

BigO 04 July, 2019 18:29
Quote:
Rinkadink
To be fair its not City's main sponsor, just a small name on their shorts by the look of things.

True, but it'll still cost a tidy packet. Remember the footballers play twice as many games as rugby, get more bums on seats, and generate a lot more TV coverage (Sky and Channel 5). That's before FA cup runs etc etc. So it's a different commercial proposition altogether.

Singapore Sam 04 July, 2019 23:40
Quote:
BigO
Having just looked at their accounts, it makes you wonder how a company of that size can justify investing what must be a big whack of dosh (to them), to sponsor a Premiership rugby club, and a Championship football

Great minds and all that....I also looked and wondered how? Did check for holding companys etc but came up with nothing, but the Company House search engine is not always so reliable. Let's hope no big disappointments for Bristol Sport down the road.

inatthebreakdown 05 July, 2019 10:10
If we're to speculate based on the new training kit (as per shots on Instagram and Facebook), then I'd say we're looking at a much darker blue?

Good news from my perspective, as I'd like to see us go for something similar to the Patriots' NFL shirt.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net