Latest news:
Untitled Document

Upper Lansdown Stand - Bath game
Discussion started by PGW , 10 July, 2019 16:25
Upper Lansdown Stand - Bath game
PGW 10 July, 2019 16:25
The season opener against Bath is almost sure to be close to a sell-out, as was the opening game last season. Why is it then that tickets cannot be made available for the Upper Lansdown NOW?(Sm63)

Re: Upper Lansdown Stand - Bath game
Standardprocedure 10 July, 2019 17:23
Why don't you ask the club?

Colonel1960 10 July, 2019 17:53
Quote:
Standardprocedure
Why don't you ask the club?

Seems an obvious solution to me...

Peter_B 10 July, 2019 18:21
Pretty obvious to me why.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rich. 11 July, 2019 12:17
In any case I don't think we should assume it will sell out this season as:

- The RWC will take a lot of the publicity from the Premiership start

- Many occasional and very-occasional supporters may be having their rugby needs met by the RWC at that point in time

- A good few may not want to spend the whole of that Friday night watching Bris v Bath and and then also the mornings of the Saturday and Sunday watching 4 RWC quarter finals and not spending time with loved ones.

- Hard to say how many Bath fans were there last year (as they are generally quite quiet) but they will have lower expectations for the result this year and so may decide not to bother, especially as they have had the new AG experience so it won't be a new thing to experience anymore.

- It won't be our first game back in the Prem (which is always a match many occasional and non-occasionals want to go to whoever the opposition)

All that said, the way we ended the season will give many who last season choose to watch on BT Sport from behind the sofa with fingers crossed the confidence and wish to attend in person. 24K would be a good turnout all told IMO

Jimeno 11 July, 2019 15:01
Quote:
Rich.

... - A good few may not want to spend the whole of that Friday night watching Bris v Bath and and then also the mornings of the Saturday and Sunday watching 4 RWC quarter finals and not spending time with loved ones...

I reckon that's the perfect start to a perfect weekend.smileys with beer

¡Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

foinavon 11 July, 2019 16:13
Quote:
Rich.
- A good few may not want to spend the whole of that Friday night watching Bris v Bath and and then also the mornings of the Saturday and Sunday watching 4 RWC quarter finals and not spending time with loved ones.

surely watching Bris play is spending time with our loved ones!(Sm125)

TimothyQ 11 July, 2019 18:16
I think it could go either way Rich. The RWC could sate the appetite of the casual rugby fan or it could generate a bit more interest and bring in some new fans. I think it's more likely to do a bit of a both and the two will cancel each other out.

I'm expecting a sell-out.

Phantom 18 July, 2019 15:25
Quote:
PGW
The season opener against Bath is almost sure to be close to a sell-out, as was the opening game last season. Why is it then that tickets cannot be made available for the Upper Lansdown NOW?(Sm63)

Because they are not actually on sale yet?

Brizzle 23 July, 2019 21:30
Can't believe they don't open the Ateyo stand ??
At £20 a pop this would be sold out and then we would have all sides with people in it … that would be nice !!

Jimeno 24 July, 2019 10:15
Quote:
Brizzle
Can't believe they don't open the Ateyo stand ??
At £20 a pop this would be sold out and then we would have all sides with people in it … that would be nice !!

They might - they did last time.

¡Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

Jay Jay 26 July, 2019 16:04
Ateyo stand now open

Rich. 26 July, 2019 20:04
Quote:
Jay Jay
Ateyo stand now open

Wow!!! As a great man once sang "let's Get It On!"

Brizzle 26 July, 2019 20:50
Nice One!!!

EverOptimistic 01 August, 2019 10:03
After a quick calculation I reckon there are only about 5k tickets still available. That's remarkable with over 2 months still to go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net