Latest news:
Untitled Document

Leedshire latest
Discussion started by Rinkadink , 03 August, 2019 19:37
Leedshire latest
Rinkadink 03 August, 2019 19:37
I'm tired and can't be done with reformatting this post from earlier here I'll just pop a link down;

[www.therugbyforum.com]

I expect everyone here will be aware of most of this aside from the latest developments in the last day. Former players have seemingly had enough and making public their situations, particularly on Twitter;

[twitter.com]

Seems some are being threatened with debt collectors because Leedshire haven't paid for treatment.

Re: Leedshire latest
robtheh 04 August, 2019 06:47
Quote:
Rinkadink
I'm tired and can't be done with reformatting this post from earlier here I'll just pop a link down;
[www.therugbyforum.com]

I expect everyone here will be aware of most of this aside from the latest developments in the last day. Former players have seemingly had enough and making public their situations, particularly on Twitter;

[twitter.com]

Seems some are being threatened with debt collectors because Leedshire haven't paid for treatment.

Not only that, but Leeds are saying that they can only afford to pay creditors 15p in the pound, and canít pay the aforementioned medical bills, for treatments that their medical department recommended, but can splash out on Joe Ford from Leicester.

Such a shambolic situation - RFU have so much to answer for.

Platwell House 04 August, 2019 12:46
What a terrible situation. My thoughts are with the players and the fans. I bet Joe Ford is thinking what have I got into. I can't see a way out for Leedshire.

Field marshall 04 August, 2019 13:18
The RFU should reallocate their academy to Doncaster and let nature run its course with Leeds.

Furriner 05 August, 2019 08:13
Quote:
Field marshall
The RFU should reallocate their academy to Doncaster and let nature run its course with Leeds.

Thatís what the RFU did in our case a few years back. Anything could have happened. Thankfully it was a good journey. Eventually.

Standardprocedure 05 August, 2019 10:26
Absolutely disgraceful that players are having to pick up their own medical bills. If Leeds won't do anything about it then the RFU should

Big Dave 07 August, 2019 14:44
Genuine question, why do the RFU have "much to answer for"? They didn't choose to sell shares to Exeter, nor to merge some existing clubs, nor to change the name, nor to offer these contracts.

robtheh 07 August, 2019 15:24
Quote:
Big Dave
Genuine question, why do the RFU have "much to answer for"? They didn't choose to sell shares to Exeter, nor to merge some existing clubs, nor to change the name, nor to offer these contracts.

For me itís the manner in which they appear to be ensuring Leedsí survival at a very high cost, and in conflict with precedents already set - Welsh & Richmond, ironically enough, are two that spring to mind.

Hercules Spoons 07 August, 2019 15:26
I also consider the RFU culpable in allowing the Championship to be set up the way it
But your points are entirely valid BD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 15:28 by Hercules Spoons.

gaudi 08 August, 2019 13:42
If the RFU have anything to answer for itís the unwavering support for clubs in areas where the support is thin, very enthusiastic but insufficient volume?

However they are never vocal regarding support for the Pirates? Who are still desperate to get their stadium on the go in a more central area in the county in order to get more support.

Hercules Spoons 09 August, 2019 13:07
The outstanding medical bills have been settled by an anonymous donor - so that's alright then?

SimonG19 10 August, 2019 10:59
It would be alright if they would pay the 85p in the pound they owe all their other creditors and hadn't bought in a shedload of players they couldn't pay in order to avoid relegation last season.

Hercules Spoons 10 August, 2019 12:11
You missed the irony Simon

SparkyBris 16 August, 2019 18:54
Leeds have announced Tom Varndell today. How the heck are they signing TV l, when they canít afford to pay their existing players!?! I canít imagine heíll be playing for free?!?

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Olly 16 August, 2019 20:22
He probably doesn't command a high salary these days. He's moved around a fair bit so I can only assume this was his last chance saloon.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Rinkadink 16 August, 2019 21:15
Also signed Sione Faletau.

SimonG19 17 August, 2019 10:06
Pity they didn't use the money to pay the players they signed last season the remaining 85p in the £1 they owe them.

A disgraceful and disreputable club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net