Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New signing a 9 am
Discussion started by Troll Cotman , 09 August, 2019 07:34
New signing a 9 am
Troll Cotman 09 August, 2019 07:34
?TRANSFER RUMOUR: Remember that video? Were hearing that school boy wonder Tyrese Johnson-Fisher has possibly signed for Bristol Bears. [t.co]

CREDIT rugbyinsideline

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 07:40 by Cotman.

Re: New signing a 9 am
Cunning Stunts 09 August, 2019 08:04
He is an ATHLETE!
He's been playing a bit of American Football for a bit in the states but he is a big unit and has something like the 2nd fastest 100m for an U15 of all time. Random stat I know but the dude is FAST! Immensely exciting signing for the future if true. Outta Nowhere!

Cooombsy 09 August, 2019 08:05
Confirmed as above on 1 yr deal

AlexInSouthville 09 August, 2019 08:08
Normally, I don't pay much attention to youngsters whose highlight reels are mainly due to their athleticism rather than rugby smarts...mainly as that advantage over the opposition will massively diminish once they hit the pro game.

However, our coaching team have shown just how good they are at developing raw talent into smart rugby players with great core skills, so i am pretty excited at this low-risk, high-upside signing.

SparkyBris 09 August, 2019 08:45
He seems quite an exciting prospect! Devastating with a millimetre is space by the looks of it! Welcome Tyrese.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

robtheh 09 August, 2019 08:48
10.72 100 metres. Gas!

Hercules Spoons 09 August, 2019 08:48
Good news keeps coming, hope it lasts....

BigO 09 August, 2019 09:49
More about him and the move here:

[www.rugbypass.com]

Seems like a really decent chap, with his head firmly screwed on. Welcome!

Rinkadink 09 August, 2019 10:27
Saying all the right things, hope it works out for him and us then extends contract instead of getting poached.

gran 09 August, 2019 11:55
Or even worse, poached as usual by barf

Jonny thomas 09 August, 2019 12:25
The boy got gas
And great hair too!!!
We've got some back 3 this season and one of the best back rows things are looking good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 12:30 by Jonny thomas.

Rich. 09 August, 2019 12:25
I think we are a 'go to' team now and players see us as only going in one direction (upwards) and with a coaching set up which is great (personal-wise) and which is only going to be enhanced when the new training facility is available. So if we want to keep him then I've no fears he will go elsewhere.

Looks a VERY exciting prospect

inatthebreakdown 09 August, 2019 13:48
He has fantastic hair and great accessories to go with his extreme gas.

Gray_Lensman 09 August, 2019 14:07
Good hair is very important

inatthebreakdown 09 August, 2019 14:14
The US connection prompted me to check up on Thretton Palamo, who is apparently now playing for Houston Sabercats in MLR.

Let's hope that's where the similarities and comparisons end!

Tyrese has amazing place and a raw talent. If anyone can build a rugby brain and approach into that, it's Pat and his team.

Cunning Stunts 09 August, 2019 23:48
The difference is that hes already played rugby from a young age in the UK and reached the highest schoolboy standard winning at Twickenham. Of course for the last 4 years hes not been learning about rugby or training specifically for rugby but hes been training to become a world class athlete in a contact sport with better facilities than are available in the UK. It sounds like hes played a blinder getting an amazing life experience of school in the US while having every intention of returning to rugby. If he applies himself I simply cant see him failing to reach the highest level, hes a scary talent at 19 years old.

The US connection makes me think of those 2 guys who came from NFL pathways for a trial scheme 2 or 3 years back. They were raw to put it mildly! No idea what happened to them!

Singapore Sam 10 August, 2019 09:19
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
The US connection prompted me to check up on Thretton Palamo, who is apparently now playing for Houston Sabercats in MLR.

Haha me also! Did see Christian Wade scored a great 65yd touchdown on his debut.

Wickerman 10 August, 2019 09:20
Looks like an exciting prospect,hopefully he will live up to expectations.
Pedant alert .....he didnt win at twickenham,his school were beaten comfortably by Sherborne boys school.

Rich. 10 August, 2019 09:27
Quote:
Singapore Sam
Quote:
inatthebreakdown

Haha me also! Did see Christian Wade scored a great 65yd touchdown on his debut.

Yep good work Christian! it was actually one of his tries he did less work for but good to see him getting the plaudits. Not being a watcher of American football am I correct in thinking that he will just come on for some offensive plays and then go off - and therefore is not required to do any tackling?

Prop Joe 10 August, 2019 10:32
He is being viewed as a running back Rich, so he will either be given the ball to run or if it is a quarter back pass play then his job is to protect the passer by 'blocking' any opposition player from getting to him. Sometimes this can be done by literally throwing yourself in his way. He could also be used in 'special teams' as a returner where he can catch a punt or kick off and run downfield for as much distance as possible.
Despite his great touchdown the other day it was a pre season friendly and it is thought by pundits that he will be used as a practice squad player this season while continuing to learn the game, so might not feature in the team. The Buffalo Bills are though delighted with his progress so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 10:34 by Prop Joe.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net