Castres match
Jimeno 14 August, 2019 10:53
Tomorrow - Thursday 15th 6pm.

Likely to be streamed anywhere?

ˇVamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

Re: Castres match
youngone 14 August, 2019 13:52
Also, will we get team lists or will they not bother?

BigO 15 August, 2019 14:04
From the offy:

Squad revealed as Bears face Castres in pre-season clash

Thursday, August 15th 2019

Bristol Bears face Castres Olympique in a pre-season friendly at Stade de la Balmette this evening (5pm KO GMT).

Director of Rugby Pat Lam takes an exciting squad with a blend of youth and experience to the Challenge Vaquerin festival.

He said: “We’ve had a really valuable week-long training camp in France, building connections and taking advantage of the warm weather conditions to get through some hard work.

“Castres are an excellent side and the 2018 Top 14 champions, so it’ll be a good first hit out for the team. It’s a long pre-season with Premiership Cup games to factor in as well, so we’ve structured the load management of the squad to ensure we are at our peak for the start of the season.

“This trip gave us an opportunity to integrated some young guys into the environment and the likes of Harry Ascherl, Ioan Lloyd and Jack Bates will take a lot from the experience. We’re also able to leave some guys back in Bristol to continue their individual training programmes.”

Bristol Bears squad to face Castres Olympique at Stade de la Balmette on Thursday, August 15th (5pm KO GMT):

Backs: Mat Protheroe, Luke Daniels, Tom Pincus, Jack Bates, Piers O’Conor, Charlie Powell, Harry Ascherl, Ian Madigan, Ryan Edwards, Toby Fricker, Callum Sheedy, Ioan Lloyd, Harry Randall, Nick Stirzaker, Andy Uren.

Forwards: Jake Woolmore, Ollie Dawe, Yann Thomas, George Kloska, Tom Lindsay, Harry Thacker, Will Capon, John Afoa, Nicky Thomas, Yann Thomas, Lewis Thiede, John Hawkins, Ed Holmes, Dave Attwood*, Aly Muldowney, Joe Batley, Joe Joyce, Dan Thomas, Steve Luatua, Jake Heenan, Nathan Hughes*.

*Travelled on camp but will not feature versus Castres.

Did not travel: Charles Piutau, Luke Morahan, Will Hurrell, Sam Bedlow, Tyrese Johnson-Fisher, Aaron Chapman, Blake Boyland, Jordan Crane, Sam Graham, James Dun, Sam Jeffries, Jake Armstrong, Shaun Malton.

Unavailable (Rugby World Cup): Chris Vui, Alapati Leiua, James Lay, Jordan Lay (Samoa), Siale Piutau (Tonga).

Rinkadink 15 August, 2019 14:13
Interesting, hope they go well.

Joe El-Abd is one of our greats and still loves Bris, would have been a nice away day. I'm envious of anyone out there. Castres are a fantastic club, will be a tough test.

Rich. 15 August, 2019 15:11
The Top 14 starts next weekend so we may be playing their first team and they will be way further down the pre-season/season start process than us. So getting close would be a great achievement in that case.

graham t 15 August, 2019 15:26
I don't like the look of the not travelling list and very much hope that it is not injury related

cider head 15 August, 2019 16:14
6 mins 3-0 to Cas

cider head 15 August, 2019 16:30
3-7 To Bris

cider head 15 August, 2019 16:33
3-14 to Bris

cider head 15 August, 2019 16:38
Yellow card for Cas

Jimeno 15 August, 2019 16:49
Watching live on YouTube there's a link on the Facebook supporters page

ˇVamos los osos!

cider head 15 August, 2019 16:51
Watch the game live on Bristol bears facebook live now.

Troll Cotman 15 August, 2019 16:52

Rinkadink 15 August, 2019 17:10
Quote:
Jimeno
Watching live on YouTube there's a link on the Facebook supporters page

Can you please link as I can only see a Facebook livestream that doesn't seem to work on Chrome for android?

Rich. 15 August, 2019 17:19
Does this work?

[www.facebook.com]

EverOptimistic 15 August, 2019 17:24
yes - thanks!

EverOptimistic 15 August, 2019 17:47
Close game until I started watching!

Does anyone know if we stayed injury free? And does anyone know who our forwards were in the last 20 minutes ?

BigO 15 August, 2019 17:52
Bit of an error strewn affair, as pre-season games normally are.

We looked very dangerous going forward, and apart from a few notable low-lights looked OK in defence.

I'm no expert on the scrum, but to me it looked like we were distinctly 2nd best, and we paid the price.

Not a bad performance against a good French team who are only a week away from the start of their season...especially given our big names being away or not involved. I'd have expected Castres to look a lot sharper.... we made them look bang average.

Good to watch it live on Facebook, with the enthusiastic commentary! An unexpected treat, despite the loss.

Jimeno 15 August, 2019 19:59
Loads of handling errors on both sides and our scrum looked dodgy.

I learned some French; "Half Time" is "Le 'alf time" and "No comment" is "No comment".

ˇVamos los osos!

youngone 15 August, 2019 20:53
I thought weookes good all things considered although it was hard to keep up with who was playing where with the French commentary and the grainy picture, was mads at 12 all game?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net