Latest news:
Untitled Document

Relegation favourites
Discussion started by Cotman , 03 September, 2019 13:32
Relegation favourites
Cotman 03 September, 2019 13:32
Well looking on some other boards it's good to see we are not being mentioned as favourites for the drop. Makes a change.

Re: Relegation favourites
Rinkadink 03 September, 2019 16:39
It's a tough league, you would assume NotNots on the basis of them being the newly promoted team but they don't appear to have an especially weak squad so I'm not sure. Outside of that it's anyone's guess (aside from Sarries, Exe, Glaws, Saints) as last season showed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2019 16:39 by Rinkadink.

Cotman 03 September, 2019 16:50
Alot of talk saying mainly London Irish and Worcester even Bath and Wasps thrown in.

ROLLO 03 September, 2019 20:10
Worcester is always an easy punt and I can appreciate why. Adams and Heem will be big losses, but in general I think our squad is stronger this season and the coaching team have an extra years experience.
I would like to think that one year we will surprise folk, if this is that season I don't know - one can only hope.

Knowle Blue 04 September, 2019 04:52
I canít see Worcester going down, although my liver would thank me if they did, having many friends that are warrior fans, and getting to go to six ways a lot, I can say that if the players played like the fans can drink, youíd be constantly in the top 3. I think this fast approaching season will be difficult for some teams due to the World Cup, and then the six nations, also the new tackle law could see some of the so called big hitters being penalised. However as with all things, time will tell

Rich. 04 September, 2019 08:11
I don't think there is a change in the tackle law affecting the Premiership this coming season is there?

Knowle Blue 04 September, 2019 21:59
Rich.. the Sirís have been told to tighten up on the arms wrapping around bit, rather than the shoulder into the sternum

JamboBris 05 September, 2019 17:59
London Irish for me. Missing Kepu, Saluso, Mafi, Matu'u, Dell, Veitokani, O'Brien, Coleman, Ioane at start of season due to world cup or serious injury for O'Brien and could be adrift before they can forge them into an effective team.

Cotman 05 September, 2019 19:39
Quote:
JamboBris
London Irish for me. Missing Kepu, Saluso, Mafi, Matu'u, Dell, Veitokani, O'Brien, Coleman, Ioane at start of season due to world cup or serious injury for O'Brien and could be adrift before they can forge them into an effective team.

True BUT it also depends how well other team get on early into the season. We and others need to get the wins in early to cement a cushion.

foinavon 06 September, 2019 17:39
"...cement a cushion..." (Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net