Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Premiership 7s
Discussion started by Cotman , 10 September, 2019 10:27
Premiership 7s
Cotman 10 September, 2019 10:27
Just a reminder that the premiership 7s kicks off this Friday on BT sports.

Re: Premiership 7s
JamboBris 10 September, 2019 10:47
Looking forward to seeing how the young guns go. Fricker and Johnson-Fisher will be good to watch.

Cotman 10 September, 2019 11:28
Quote:
JamboBris
Looking forward to seeing how the young guns go. Fricker and Johnson-Fisher will be good to watch.

Indeed

Furriner 10 September, 2019 19:38
Yay! I’ve got my tickets, the weather looks promising, and Bris will no doubt play exciting, expansive rugby.

Incidentally, were we ever any good at 7s?

Rinkadink 10 September, 2019 19:58
No, we have never done that well at 7s... except fat boy 7s.

Gray_Lensman 11 September, 2019 08:20
Still the 10s champions though!

JamboBris 11 September, 2019 12:55
Harry Ascherl (Bristol Academy U18s), Aaron Chapman, Jack Bates, Ioan Lloyd, Will Capon, Nathan Chamberlain, Toby Venner (Hartpury BUCS), Robbie Smith (Hartpury), Harry Short (Hartpury BUCS), Chay Mullins (Bristol Academy U18s), Alex Forrester (Hartpury BUCS), Ben Tothill (Weston).

Squad announced for sevens. Chapman should be class.

Jonny thomas 11 September, 2019 13:30
No disrespect to the players selected BUT surely we could have picked a "better" squad especially as there's a late start to the season
Only my opinion obviously but if you enter a tournament at least try to compete
People are handing over their hard earned to watch this
We get whacked every year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 13:32 by Jonny thomas.

Gray_Lensman 11 September, 2019 13:42
Given we only enter this because we are required to as part of the Premiership why would we want to risk injury to 'senior' players in a competition nobody actually cares about? After ,this season we (along with all the other GP sides) are using the Premiership Cup as contested pre-season training.

Jonny thomas 11 September, 2019 15:01
It's a tournament
Even if its tidlywinks we should try to win

Rinkadink 11 September, 2019 15:17
Quote:
Jonny thomas
It's a tournament
Even if its tidlywinks we should try to win
Yes and I'm sure everyone involved will be trying to win. It's being hosted at Northampton again, isn't it? I find it more troubling that with the best stadium in the competition we never seem to host these events.

Jonny thomas 12 September, 2019 10:15
Probably a reflection on how seriously we take it

Pub Singer 12 September, 2019 13:04
7 players are from outside the professional academy. Of the 5, I'm struggling to see one of them as a 7s player. I didn't expect first team but I expected/wanted to see the likes of Blake Boyland, James Dun, Sam Graham & Charlie Powell.

As we’re not taking it too seriously, I'm surprised they've included Chapman who is just coming back from injury. 7s isn't the sort of game to be involved in if you've a recent history of hamstring and achilles injuries. If he stays fit, he would be the one to watch out for though.

BigO 12 September, 2019 15:18
Great to see two Wringtonians is this squad. Take a bow Ben Tothill and Will Capon!

Furriner 13 September, 2019 09:21
Quote:
BigO
Great to see two Wringtonians is this squad. Take a bow Ben Tothill and Will Capon!

I haven’t lived in Bristol for many years, so perhaps someone would explain ‘Wringtonians’ for me. I don’t recall a combination club called that.

Rich. 13 September, 2019 09:47
Both from Wrington the town it must be (no club called Wringtonians). Didn't realise that and that is pretty impressive for such a small place!

SparkyBris 13 September, 2019 18:45
Looking quite lively against Saints. Who chose white numbers on a white background though?!?

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

TimothyQ 13 September, 2019 20:17
Quote:
SparkyBris
Looking quite lively against Saints. Who chose white numbers on a white background though?!?

Is it white numbers? It looks to me like the number has been taped over for some reason.

A few week ago. Someone on here suggested that we might be reverting to letters...I wonder.

Peter D 13 September, 2019 20:32
Criticism of the selection policy looks a tad hasty. Fantastic performance from the boys . Two from two, top of the group, six tries for Toby Venner and good performances all round.🏉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Arjay 13 September, 2019 21:37
Been out all night, saw Bris beat Saints, how did the other game go?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net