Latest news:
Untitled Document

shirts
Discussion started by simoitfc , 17 September, 2019 11:56
shirts
simoitfc 17 September, 2019 11:56
1st time as a season ticket holder.
my boy has one as well,he is supposed to get a voucher for the price of a shirt with ticket. am i right in thinking that he will have the money on his season card and can just flash the card in store when picking it up ?

Re: shirts
Bristol Cornish 17 September, 2019 12:10
Yes, we got an email to say my son's card had been credited with the £45 for his shirt...

simoitfc 17 September, 2019 12:34
ok. thanks. i have not had an email but i'm sure its the same

S Hill bear 17 September, 2019 19:05
Having read this post and seeing the shirts will soon be in stock I was having a browse of the store with my lad to choose which shirts he’d like this year. He also wanted a jacket this year and I was slightly shocked to see the grey hooded jacket in his size (5-6) was £50, only £5 cheaper than and adults.

Given children’s clothing is VAT exempt, is the kids stuff overpriced or the adults cheap? Having looked at other clubs offerings we hardly seem to be offering value for money given the in house manufacturing of replica kit and apparel.

Sam C 17 September, 2019 19:55
was i the store Monday, seems quite expensive for everything!

Peter D 17 September, 2019 21:27
Quote:
Sam C
was i the store Monday, seems quite expensive for everything!

I'm sure that everything is expensive. It's all branded with Bristol's logo and name. It all has a fairly limited appeal (you need to be a Bristol supporter or a collector of rugby memorabilia). Because we're supporters we'll pay premium prices for quality which we otherwise put back on the shelf.

I don't say this to mock the suckers who fall for it - I'm planning to buy the away shirt on Thursday, and I might pick up a polo shirt or something else as well. I want to identify myself as a supporter of Bristol Rugby.

Sit_Down 18 September, 2019 14:33
It's an interesting one. The club produces its own clothing so that they make more money from the markup. i.e. they are not being charged by a markup to buy from a supplier. That said, the cost base of a supplier might be lower than making yourself.

I think the best comparison is other clubs - Barf charge £65 for replica shirt and £52 for a hoodie, Glos £55-65 shirt & £50 hoodie.

So, our Hoodie is a bit more expensive and imo not a great design. Hate to say it but, other than the colour, the Barf Canterbury hoodie is much nicer.

Not sure what our shirt price is this year?

Rinkadink 18 September, 2019 19:06
Our shirts are the same as the ones players wear as well, or Tainton claimed so anyway, other clubs like Wasp generally charge in the region of £100 for those and offer "replica" rather than "playing" shirts at a similar price to our full "playing" ones.

hooter 18 September, 2019 19:36
When you get your sons shirt make sure he tries it on in the shop as their sizes are way off.

Bristol Cornish 20 September, 2019 10:04
My son isn't 9 until November and I got him an 11-12 year old shirt...

I got the away shirt, my first new one in a decade at least, I was pleased I only needed a 2XL and I thought the quality was pretty good.

in between 24 September, 2019 17:12
Went to the shop this afternoon to buy the new shirt and what awful quality and fit the shirts are!! Been to Paris recently and took a visit to Racing 92 club shop and the quality of the stuff on sale was of very high quality even so I purchased the home shirt. Why do Bristol sport produce such poor quality stuff for the football, rugby and basketball? I ended up buying a new Bears scarf which is of good quality and the only thing in that shop worth buying. Sorry to rant.

Stevie_Wonder 24 September, 2019 17:43
Quality is very poor. The sponsors logos seem like they’ve almost been stretched and the pixels are all out round the edges. And sizing a lottery. Two different types of kids jumper. One hooded, one without, completely different sizes for same age kit! And for the hooded one the sleeves are a ridiculous length. It really is amateur. But unless we vote with our feet, which we never will because we’re a captive audience, it will never change...

in between 24 September, 2019 18:54
Racing 92 do a supporters shirt where they only but on the main sponsor, the Bristol shirt has 7 sponsors on the shirt (very rugby league). Saw the new Northampton kit in person today whilst shopping at Sainsbury’s of all places and it seems very good quality. People need to vote by not spending their cash on the dross Bristol sport have served up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net