Latest news:
Untitled Document

Team's up for Quins
Discussion started by robtheh , 19 September, 2019 12:08
Team's up for Quins
robtheh 19 September, 2019 12:08
Bristol Bears team to face Harlequins at the Twickenham Stoop on Friday, September 20th (7.45pm KO):
15. Mat Protheroe; 14. Tom Pincus, 13. Sam Bedlow, 12. Tiff Eden, 11. Toby Fricker; 10. Ian Madigan, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Shaun Malton, 3. Max Lahiff, 4. Aly Muldowney, 5. Ed Holmes, 6. James Dun, 7. Jake Heenan (c), 8. Joe Batley.
Replacements: 16. Will Capon, 17. Ollie Dawe, 18. Nicky Thomas, 19. John Hawkins, 20. George Kloska, 21. Nic Stirzaker, 22. Harry Ascherl, 23. Jack Bates.

Re: Team's up for Quins
TimothyQ 19 September, 2019 12:48
Looking forward to seeing some of these guys. Is Kloska the young guy who played once or twice at hooker last year? He looked very good in loose so Iím pleased to see him used as a back row sub. I think Heenan might have more of a role this year, he looks like a very competent player

youngone 19 September, 2019 12:48
What an intriguing selection. Very interested to see how batley, fricker, dun and Eden go in particular. Good to see the amount of youth in the team and lahiff clearly is fit as well which is great! Quins have named a similar mix of experience and youth - should be a great game regardless of result!

expectingrain 19 September, 2019 12:49
Batley at 8

AlexInSouthville 19 September, 2019 12:52
Really pleased with that team....i think its exactly the right balance between experience/youth, and settled/experimental, that this tournament should be used for.

Interesting to see Fricker get a run out, Bats at 8, and Tiff Eden at 12

Is Sam Graham injured?

Rich. 19 September, 2019 13:19
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Really pleased with that team....i think its exactly the right balance between experience/youth, and settled/experimental, that this tournament should be used for

Agree but this season we will see first choice teams in one or two of these early fixtures (as all sides using them as pre-season wotsits). I expect we will see nearer current thinking of what is our first choice for the Gloucester home match next Friday.

tbr 19 September, 2019 17:13
Very much an 'intriguing' squad put out by Quins too... one that the Quins fans are liking (on the whole) it seems, but without quite a few of their big names.

Dare I say....

Lots of errr.... "learnings" ... for both teams I'm sure tomorrow night!

Hercules Spoons 19 September, 2019 18:01
I see Max Crumpton is Quins captain
He left us somewhat suddenly and without much comment from either party, if I recall correctly - might be interesting

Iím pleased to see Eden getting a run out at centre, I suggested that after seeing him play those down the road at the Rec last year.

JMills 20 September, 2019 08:50
Do we have 2 Hookers on the bench?

As others have said I think we will field a much stronger team for the home game next Friday.

youngone 20 September, 2019 18:39
Just over an hour until the season officially kicks off (in my mind anyway) and I for one am rather excited!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net