Latest news:
Untitled Document

RWC 2019
Discussion started by youngone , 20 September, 2019 12:47
RWC 2019
youngone 20 September, 2019 12:47
Perhaps this could be a general discussion of the world Cup thread? First 40 between Japan and and Russia has been highly entertaining, Russia playing to their strengths and feeding off errors and Japan playing a very high octane game.

Re: RWC 2019
Rinkadink 20 September, 2019 12:56
Really pleased for Russia.

TimothyQ 20 September, 2019 13:39
Cracking start to the competition. I hope Russia can hold out for another 5 minutes as their boys have run themselves to death.

youngone 20 September, 2019 18:38
Well either a late night or an early morning are to follow bexYs Australia Fiji will be a cracker!!

youngone 24 September, 2019 13:26
Great showing from the usos today v Russia, leiua looked dangerous and finished his final try very well. Vui was effective all the way through, good for them boys!

Rich. 24 September, 2019 13:47
Yep CV and AL (Player of Match) were both everywhere and very effective. Tusi showed again that his kicking (from hand and for goal) is these days (if ever) not nearly good enough but the rest of his game was good.

Hercules Spoons 24 September, 2019 17:45
Samoa might be a surprise package for some of the pundits
They have the potential to do well in their group

SimonG19 24 September, 2019 17:59
Really? I thought they were dreadful.

Jimeno 24 September, 2019 18:37
Don't want them to do too well.

Want our players back here sharpish.

¡Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

John Tee 24 September, 2019 19:24
if there isnt a nations cup for the likes of Russia, Georgia Romania, Portugal etc, there really should be.
Same goes for Pacific teams.

Peter D 24 September, 2019 23:05
There is a Pacific Nations Cup - Fiji Tonga, Samoa, USA and Canada, I think.

AlexInSouthville 25 September, 2019 08:11
Great result for Uruguay, albeit against an abysmal Fiji.

SparkyBris 25 September, 2019 09:16
Quote:
Peter D
There is a Pacific Nations Cup - Fiji Tonga, Samoa, USA and Canada, I think.

Yes. Its been going since 2006 - Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, USA, Canada & Japan. Japan won it this year.

Pacific Nations Cup

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Rich. 25 September, 2019 10:07
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Great result for Uruguay, albeit against an abysmal Fiji.

Yes to an extent though I felt ITV focused on that too much, especially in their half time chat. I also don't think Fiji off-loading and running from their own 22 was being disrespectful to Uruguay at all - it was simply Fiji playing in their chosen way (as we did last season - were we showing disrespect to all those teams when we chucked it about in our own 22 etc?). They were earlier saying Fiji were too conservative when the played Australia and should have stuck to their normnal off-loading game etc!!

So for me the story was how great Uruguay played, how fit they were, how positively they also played and the difference the Major League in USA is also making to them - ITV kept referring to them as mainly an amateur side but also mentioned the fact 11 of them play in the (fully professional) Major League in USA and 2 in the pro 2 (professional) league in France. Maybe others are pro elsewhere who knows. And it showed in their fitness as they were still there in more numbers at the end than Fiji were. A warning for England v USA tomorrow - that for me is going to be a very close game.

For those who are inclined not not watch these 'less big games' I suggest you start watching them - they are very regularly great

Jimeno 25 September, 2019 14:17
Quote:
John Tee
if there isnt a nations cup for the likes of Russia, Georgia Romania, Portugal etc, there really should be.
Same goes for Pacific teams.

Rugby Europe International Championships

Currently - Georgia Spain Romania Russia Belgium Portugal

¡Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

somexile 05 October, 2019 08:37
Flats introducing Gus Pichot in interview

'71 Argentina caps, chairman of world rugby and most notably scrum half for Bristol'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net