Latest news:
Untitled Document

Samoa Out
Discussion started by Purpendicular , 05 October, 2019 15:26
Samoa Out
Purpendicular 05 October, 2019 15:26
Does that mean our boys come home early and are available? and are they all unscathed?

Re: Samoa Out
Albertfromla 05 October, 2019 16:02
No they won’t be home yet, they still have to play Scotland
Then I guess they will get “a period of rest “when they get home But that could be up to the clubs? Not sure if there are any rules on this

Hercules Spoons 05 October, 2019 17:00
I’m surprised and disappointed they didn’t do better

Does anyone know if Samoa’s finances are sorted now? I know at one time David Lemi was paying some of his expenses himself - these things can seriously affect the morale

They might benefit from a better coach too, I think it’s Steve Jackson currently

Rinkadink 05 October, 2019 18:14
Think the two bans threw a spanner in their WC plans, unlucky today against Japan where they looked better but home advantage and still adjusting to changes.

I'd give the boys a bit of rest before throwing them in here.

Cunning Stunts 06 October, 2019 01:17
Samoa have been poor for a while. They’ve still got no cash- I read the players paid for their own flights to a training camp.
In the last 2 years they’ve lost to Tonga, USA (twice), Georgia, Fuji etc so they’re very much one of the weaker Tier 2 nations. I think they massively miss a decent 10. Volavola has looked good for Fiji, AJ is decent for USA but still picking Tusi who as we found out is a long way past his best shows they just don’t have the players.

I imagine the players will be given a few weeks off as they must be knackered. Vui, Leiua and the boys tried so hard but as a team they just weren’t good enough.

Jimeno 06 October, 2019 07:25
Still - they should be back with us before the other teams get their home nations players back shouldn't they?

ˇVamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

TheVogon 06 October, 2019 14:32
Quote:
Albertfromla
No they won’t be home yet, they still have to play Scotland

Ireland, but yeah.

Brizzle 12 October, 2019 14:51
Very very disappointed with Samoa, no fight in them. Not sure if there's trouble in camp but not playing with any team spirit!
Hope our boys come back with a more positive attitude!!

SimonB 12 October, 2019 19:32
Agree with that... not the Samoa of old. Everyone else is moving on but not them. They have to sort out how they can get their best team out rather than sitting in France or UK but I guess money counts.
The Bristol boys all tried but in a team which would struggle to win the Championship.
They are very slow in reacting to the tougher tackle laws and Jack Lam has some responsibility there as their captain. They have to go back to the drawing board as their game was always based on the smash tackle.

Olly 13 October, 2019 01:19
Problem with players sitting in France is clubs preventing players leaving to play for their National sides hence why Jack hasn’t signed for a french team.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

JMills 13 October, 2019 07:40
Somone on the Facebook group has put some quotes from Pat Lam saying that the Samoans will be back on Monday and Siale Piutau on Tuesday.

Depending on how they are sounds like they may be available for selection quicker than expected. As they have had more match practice maybe we will say someone like Leuia on the bench against Bath

Rich. 13 October, 2019 08:06
Quote:
Olly
Problem with players sitting in France is clubs preventing players leaving to play for their National sides hence why Jack hasn’t signed for a french team.

In terms of preventing them (which they are not allowed to do) - what they do it seems is make it clear is that if you want the big salary they are offering you they are offering it on the basis that you'll be there for the whole season. I'm sure some English Prem teams have done the same on occasion, which has resulted in some retiring from international rugby..

airdog 13 October, 2019 08:46
what a wonderfully entertaining Tonga game today , so pleased for Siale who thoroughly deserved his man of the match award .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 09:01 by airdog.

JMills 14 October, 2019 08:27
[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Available for Friday depending on fitness

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net