Latest news:
Untitled Document

cant see lam risking key players against exeter
Discussion started by simoitfc , 07 October, 2019 20:34
cant see lam risking key players against exeter
simoitfc 07 October, 2019 20:34
would like to see Attwood given a hit out tho, and Eden given another start.
He wouldn't risk Piutau and Morahan would he ????

I'm already writing off the Exeter game even tho last few games have been very tight. Bath is our bread and butter.

I cant wait for it now going to be a cracking atmosphere

I'm hoping for this line up against them down the road......

1 Woolmore
2 Thacker
3 Afoa
4 Attwood
5 Holmes
6 Luatua
7 Thomas
8 Hughes
9 Uren
10 Sheedy
11 Daniels
12 Hurrell
13 O'Conor
14 Morahan
15 Piutau

Re: cant see lam risking key players against exeter
Rich. 07 October, 2019 21:24
I think he'll play who he currently thinks will play against Bath, other than CP and LM.

expectingrain 08 October, 2019 08:14
What's the injury status on CP and LM. It was said before the first game against Quins that if it was a League game they would have played but 3 weeks later and we still haven't seen them even on the bench. Surely we're not going to throw them in against Bath with no game time.

bartman! 08 October, 2019 10:04
Just wondering when we might catch Tyrese Johnson - Fisher getting some game time, seeing he had such a good exposure joining the club (Sm56)

TimothyQ 08 October, 2019 10:46
I think TJF is a long term project. I find it weird that CP and Morahan haven’t had any game time. I know they are important players (so are Afoa, Luatua and Thacker) and we don’t want to risk injury, but rugby players get injured and they still need a proper preseason. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Eden given another run at 12, and probably a week off for Afoa and Thacker.

Rich. 08 October, 2019 12:53
I assume CP and LM are not 100% fully fit yet

AlexInSouthville 08 October, 2019 14:20
Quote:
TimothyQ
I think TJF is a long term project

This. I would be astonished (and impressed) if he makes a matchday 23 for a league game this side of Christmas.

Chris@ndevon 09 October, 2019 18:36
We have to be building towards the first prem game and think the team will reflect this, I wouldn’t expect less than 10 of the starters on Saturday to be in for the first game

NickBeard 09 October, 2019 21:36
If LM and CP have any chance of starting v Bath they will be involved on Saturday. Probably off the bench.

We have a chance of actually qualifying for the semi finals of this so imagine we'll go strong and ensure we're ready for Bath. I'm hopeful we can finally break the Exeter hoodoo

Rich. 09 October, 2019 22:26
6 day turn around between the games might have an impact of course. But still expect our strongest fully fit team

Olly 10 October, 2019 01:36
Weather may influence Pats plans.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Hercules Spoons 10 October, 2019 17:20
I see both Glos and the team they are playing this weekend are putting out inexperienced teams, I guess that reflects their positions in the pools but Exe and us will probably take a different view.

We both have the depth of experience to progress further and both ambitious for our younger players. On this basis I expect us to have a mixed team of youngsters and experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see a very strong bench with CP and LM coming on for a 20mins run out.

NickBeard 10 October, 2019 21:32
There's nothing like winning something and if we can qualify for SFs we will have a great chance of winning the whole thing. PL wants success and so he'll go for it on Saturday within reason. A strong side with returning players (LM & CP) on the bench.

I fancy us to do something..

Furriner 11 October, 2019 12:47
Apparently not, Nick, having now clapped eyes on tomorrow’s squad. I’m not unhappy with it though. I thought the whole point of this Cup was to give up and coming players a few outings. So I’ll be watching their progress with interest, and be thankful that our senior players will be ok for the Bath match.

Also I hope to see Luke H strutting his stuff for us. That could turn out to be an inspired signing.

NickBeard 11 October, 2019 19:21
One thing seems fairly consistent and that is that the home team picks the stronger team. Probably because they want to keep their supporters happy.

As long as we beat that other lot next Friday, I'll happily sit down and watch us get a bit of a lesson tomorrow..

Rich. 11 October, 2019 20:00
I 'think' Bath have mainly 2nd team out tonight away at Glaws. Though includes Jamie Roberts who just back from RWC stuff.

Furriner 12 October, 2019 08:45
Quote:
Rich.
I 'think' Bath have mainly 2nd team out tonight away at Glaws. Though includes Jamie Roberts who just back from RWC stuff.

That was an interesting game. Bath looked slow and unfit, with their forwards trundling around and needing constant rest breaks. The ref cottoned on eventually and chivvied them along. I hope next week’s ref will be tough on them because their tactics are ideal for negating our style of play. What happened to refs awarding a free kick against sides who constantly fail to form the line for throw-ins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net