Latest news:
Untitled Document

Great Opportunity
Discussion started by Cunning Stunts , 06 November, 2019 03:41
Great Opportunity
Cunning Stunts 06 November, 2019 03:41
Regardless of your thoughts or sympathies with Saracens, this season is now a massive opportunity for us. Assuming the points deduction is withheld, the top 4 has to be our target now. I'm sure Saints, Exeter and Gloucester will get top 4 and if we can be the 4th, playing play-off games in June/July on dry pitches, I bet Pat Lam is thinking big. Keep winning Bristol, this season could be special.

Re: Great Opportunity
Rich. 06 November, 2019 08:13
Yes good point us, Quins and Sale battling it out for the 4th spot I think/hope. Saints look emmense at the moment.

Furriner 06 November, 2019 09:44
Iíd be backing Saints at this stage, because Glaws have looked fragile at times so far. But early days I guess.

Brisman 06 November, 2019 17:48
I donít think we have the experience, or the strength in depth for a top 4 challenge sadly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 17:49 by Brisman.

Rich. 06 November, 2019 19:14
Our depth up front is very good imo + in many back positions. We wouldn't want too many wingers or centres injured at the same time but otherwise I think our depth is very good. Remember we were only 5 points off 4th place last season.

Cunning Stunts 08 November, 2019 08:50
Already 6 sides have lost a home game while Ashton Gate is becoming a very tough place to go to for away sides. If we can keep winning at home we'll get into the Top 6 and get close to Top 4. We've got Quins, Barf and Saints during the 6 nations with Sarries the week after so I'm sure they won't be allowed to play their England players in that one. Everything is in our favour for a very good season, we just need to pick up bonuses and the odd victory on the road.

Rich. 08 November, 2019 09:29
I THINK that it is now less rigid about rest week after Six Nations. I think now the agreement is more about rest throughout the season. Seem to remember last year that some sides played their England internationals straight away. Sarries may feel they need to focus on the league this year to ensure they stay up/try to scrape into the top 6 to guarantee Europe next season, so we might well play their fully loaded team.

Bath during Six Nations is very handy! Saints and Quins don't lose too many to that at the moment though. But yes I agree on top 6 if we keep winning at home and top 4 a good possible.

How we do this weekend at Exe will be interesting! I have a feeling we might sneak a win.

Wickerman 09 November, 2019 11:03
Interesting point about who we have during 6 nations and should give us a good chance to pick up points at an important time of the season.
Part of me would like us to be so good that we donít need the opposition to be depleted in order to get a result.
We wonít have truly become a top team until we can beat most other teams at full strength.Iím not convinced we are there yet and top 6 is an optimistic ask ,but possible with the games during the 6 nations.
The match this afternoon will tell us a lot more about how good we are. I expect us to be beaten having seen the Exeter team ,but 20 points plus defeat would suggest little progress from last year.

BS7 09 November, 2019 13:42
Agree Wickerman but game tomorrow the 10th so you can save the fingernails for today.
Exeter game squad looks too strong for us over the 80 mins but I live in hope, weather is dry so could be a close game.

Wickerman 09 November, 2019 15:02
Is that why thereís no-one else here.

hooter 09 November, 2019 19:12
4 point win tomorrow and we go top on points difference, win with a try bonus point and we will be on top proper.

Furriner 09 November, 2019 19:22
Itís shaping up to be another weird season with everyone capable of beating anyone on the day. So Iím going to whistle in the dark about tomorrow. Will we win? Why not!

Brisman 10 November, 2019 17:01
Quote:
Brisman
I donít think we have the experience, or the strength in depth for a top 4 challenge sadly.
Please disregard this, I 100% believe we can get top 4 now.

Hercules Spoons 10 November, 2019 17:09
We took the opportunity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net