Latest news:
Untitled Document

Glos v Saracens on Saturday.
Discussion started by tbr , 07 November, 2019 16:27
Glos v Saracens on Saturday.
tbr 07 November, 2019 16:27
Whilst I'm more interested in what happens at Sandy Park on Sunday... I also wonder what will happen at Kingsholm on Saturday.

I'm sure the Shed will be fine (a little more volume on the jibing perhaps) with the visiting team and supporters (we are rugby after all, not association) before and during the game....

...what might be the atmosphere/reaction in the Shed IF Saracens somehow manage to WIN the game?

I'm just conscious that if we were playing them at The Gate this weekend... and they managed to win.... well... I think that would get my goat somewhat.

Re: Glos v Saracens on Saturday.
SimonG19 07 November, 2019 16:38
Quote:
tbr
...what might be the atmosphere/reaction in the Shed IF Saracens somehow manage to WIN the game?....

If that happens the reaction should be that the Cheats will have won by cheating because the inquiry didn't cover this season and if they have been cheating for at least the last three seasons then they are almost certainly cheating now.

They should not be playing any games until this season's squad is verified as being within the cap. de-registering players as necessary/

hooter 07 November, 2019 16:43
This season isn't included in the case so far , if they get to the end of the season with out cutting there squad to bring it within the cap then there's another case to answer. Wouldn't be surprised to see players released a month before the end of the season to bring them inside the cap.

Grizzly Adams 07 November, 2019 17:33
We all have lots of question with regards to this subject and most probably won’t be answered until the review has been done. Even though there are some questions as to whether Saracens have any grounds for the appeal. My one question for now is regarding this season salary cap for Saracens is that if they do let players go, they still have to honour the contracts because the players probably have not done anything to justify their contacts being terminated and therefore would still be over the salary cap. I think we’re all going to have headaches before this is over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 17:34 by Grizzly Adams.

Bears Beyond The Gate 08 November, 2019 12:24
Quote:
tbr
Whilst I'm more interested in what happens at Sandy Park on Sunday... I also wonder what will happen at Kingsholm on Saturday.
I'm sure the Shed will be fine (a little more volume on the jibing perhaps) with the visiting team and supporters (we are rugby after all, not association) before and during the game....what might be the atmosphere/reaction in the Shed IF Saracens somehow manage to WIN the game?

I'm just conscious that if we were playing them at The Gate this weekend... and they managed to win.... well... I think that would get my goat somewhat.

I reckon there will some classic Westcountry banter from the Shed on Saturday. Almost worth BT Sport putting an extra mic in there.

Definite ‘Gets my goat territory’

John Tee 09 November, 2019 15:01
im not sure why the points deduction isn't still in place.

If the appeal ....which is only a review on procedural grounds...?? may not even have been lodged as yet then the points loss stands?
....and then also, you cant appeal the punishment only the way you went about it.

Not much joined up thinking here...??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net