Latest news:
Untitled Document

Team for Exeter
Discussion started by JMills , 08 November, 2019 12:03
Team for Exeter
JMills 08 November, 2019 12:03
Bristol Bears team to face Exeter Chiefs at Sandy Park on Sunday, November 10th (3pm KO):

15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Will Hurrell, 12. Siale Piutau, 11. Piers O’Conor; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Harry Randall; 1. Jake Woolmore, 2. Harry Thacker, 3. John Afoa, 4. Dave Attwood, 5. Chris Vui, 6. Steven Luatua (c), 7. Jake Heenan, 8. Nathan Hughes.

Replacements: 16. Will Capon, 17. Yann Thomas, 18. Lewis Thiede, 19. Ed Holmes, 20. Dan Thomas, 21. Andy Uren, 22. Ioan Lloyd, 23. Toby Fricker.

Unavailable: Shaun Malton (neck), Jake Armstrong (thumb), Tom Lindsay (hamstring), Blake Boyland (ankle), Alapati Leiua (knee), Jack Bates (hamstring), Luke Daniels (shoulder).

Re: Team for Exeter
JMills 08 November, 2019 12:04
We seem to be running very low on back 3 cover. Strange Protheroe hasn't been in the last 2 squads after a great start to the season.

Bench very inexperienced but lots of exciting talent.

JMills 08 November, 2019 12:07
Exeter side looking very strong, Slade, Nowell and Cowan-Dickie straight back in, along with Stuart Hogg, Nic White and Don Armand recovered from injury.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE BRISTOL BEARS

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Tom O’Flaherty
13 Henry Slade
12 Sam Hill
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Jannes Kirsten
5 Jonny Hill
6 Jacques Vermeulen
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Sam Simmonds

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie
17 Billy Keast
18 Marcus Street
19 Sean Lonsdale
20 Don Armand
21 Jack Maunder
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Jack Nowell

Jimeno 08 November, 2019 12:16
Agree - strange about Protheroe. Still - a strong selection.

ˇVamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

TimothyQ 08 November, 2019 12:17
Pleased to see Capon take a turn on the bench. Pushing O’Connor onto the wing is probably a good move, as think Exeter will put us under pressure on the air.

Cracking Ex squad. I was hoping that we wouldn’t see Slade et al.

Bears Beyond The Gate 08 November, 2019 12:20
Can’t understand the Protheroe situation, seems very odd. Strong pack with Holmes and Dan Thomas champing at the bit to come on as finishers. We’ve got a good feeling about this one... Cmon Bris

Listen to our weekly Bristol Bears podcast at [bearsbeyondthegate.buzzsprout.com]

Bris Bob 08 November, 2019 12:31
Well yes Alapati we know is injured but Fricker gets the nod this week , no Protheroe,? Pincus /Edwards seemed to be not in consideration lately and I guess Lloyds couple of tries no doubt have kept him in the window. Pretty powerful line for Chiefs going to be an interesting battle!

AlexInSouthville 08 November, 2019 12:37
I get why they don't, but it would make life so easier if they also released the 'available but not selected' category!

Decent side...hoping that Harry Thacker can get back to his best form after a slowish start, and that Will Hurrell passes the ball at least once. And really hoping we play smart rugby in the right areas of the pitch.

JamboBris 08 November, 2019 12:47
Landing in the UK to starting in the prem a week after a world cup final?! Did not expect Slade to be anywhere near the team. Big call. Hoping we can do this tomorrow.

Cunning Stunts 08 November, 2019 12:51
I hope Randall has learnt to box kick since last week. He was charged down 3 times in half an hour! We need a decent exit strategy to avoid their dour but effective attack!

Jim H 08 November, 2019 12:52
The back line is all about size for us, we know what Exe are going to do and the teams been chosen to not be pushed around, think Protheroe is just the wrong size for this one.

Graham_U 08 November, 2019 13:08
Real shame about Malton being injured, he look a class above an out of form Thacker (compared to the fantastic standard of last season) so far this season. Not sure I like that midfield either on this seasons form, lacks pace, SP has looked a little flat after his exceptional performances in the RWC, and Hurrell not performing at his best. Hopefully all will improve for this one.

Whilst I like the SH the other way round I think Uren is still to reach last seasons standards although I wonder if that is related to the tighter game-plan we have employed? So Randall probably deserves a start and will be interesting to how he does against fresh bodies when the game is tight and needs much more structure than when he has been coming off the bench,

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Portisteve 08 November, 2019 13:19
A worry about Shaun Malton - Wasn’t it his neck that kept him out for a long time last season?

Hercules Spoons 08 November, 2019 14:36
I see on the Offy Exeter are putting out the same side that Sale did last week, same ref too.

Looking promising unless Baxter puts out hiis own side of course!

robtheh 08 November, 2019 15:19
Quote:
Portisteve
A worry about Shaun Malton - Wasn’t it his neck that kept him out for a long time last season?

Nope, groin. Shame, I think he's a quality player.

TimothyQ 08 November, 2019 15:20
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I see on the Offy Exeter are putting out the same side that Sale did last week, same ref too.
Looking promising unless Baxter puts out hiis own side of course!

That’s handy. I expect they’ll be knackered as many of them are playing tonight.

in between 10 November, 2019 11:41
Got a feeling this will be a long afternoon. The boys discipline so far this season is not great and Exeter will play on that!! Heart wants bears win but head is saying chiefs 38 - 15 Bears. Prove me wrong, but I can’t see past a horrid afternoon.

BS7 10 November, 2019 19:43
Quote:
in between
Got a feeling this will be a long afternoon. The boys discipline so far this season is not great and Exeter will play on that!! Heart wants bears win but head is saying chiefs 38 - 15 Bears. Prove me wrong, but I can’t see past a horrid afternoon.
I was the same (ish) - 34 : something, sooo glad to be proved wrong. (Sm152)

robtheh 10 November, 2019 22:12
I’m absolutely loving how confident Lam is in our youngsters, and how that confidence is being repaid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net