Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bristol Bears v London Irish LIVE
Discussion started by Bristol Post John , 01 December, 2019 13:07
Bristol Bears v London Irish LIVE
Bristol Post John 01 December, 2019 13:07
It is game day again and another massive one with Bristol able to go top of the table once again.

Follow all the build-up, team news, live action, reaction, highlights and analysis right here.

The stage is set for it to be another special day for the club.

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Re: Bristol Bears v London Irish LIVE
in between 01 December, 2019 15:57
Need to step up the intensity and start runners deep. Not a great half, better second half hopefully.

youngone 01 December, 2019 16:00
LI have nullified us well with good defence, kicking and breakdown play. Second half should be a different story vs 14 though, not counting any chickens yet tho.

Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 16:05
LI great line speed, a few have pushed the offside but nothing like some teams we have faced. We seem to be lacking that killer edge in midfield at the moment, Sheedy not doing too bad aside from another bad day with the boot (weird), Uren doesn't look 100% fit at the moment, not himself.

Feels like we need a second playmaker option to make LI think about what they're doing, shame Bedlow hasn't been included as his or Hurrells physicality would also add a bit of go forward at 12 (not that Siale has been poor)... could also being Lloyd in at 15 to offer an option from there, Protheroe coming in from outside also has the ability but again AWOL.

I think if we continue as we are against 14 it will be enough, already made 100m more than LI and I was struggling to see them lasting 80 minutes of that with 15. They're a very good side who have stopped us cutting loose.

Brisman 01 December, 2019 16:06
Our kicking game has been awful, hopefully we can make our extra man count, especially in the set piece and we can get right on top of them.

Big 40 ahead, c’mon Bris!

youngone 01 December, 2019 17:07
Well that's three points more than that performance deserved. It's lucky we can score tries from nothing because our game management wasn't there today, twas the bris of last autumn. Nothing taken away from LI, they did the basics excellently.

Motherrucker1982 01 December, 2019 17:11
Well - would awful be a fair summary? Probably not - we were worse than that. Didn’t deserve to win and some of the boys will need to take a hard look at themselves. Kicking was poor throughout and the collective brain farts after every one of our scores to gift Irish territory and often points were unacceptable. Why we weren’t expecting the short restart from Irish after Thacker had scored I don’t know - they wanted possession back and we just stood there and then gave a way a penalty.
So disappointed this week - after all the spin and positive coverage, we’ve shown we’re not quite there yet.
Fair play to Irish who hung in and defended like trojans especially when down to 14. Really felt like we thought we’d walk it and when we didn’t, we panicked.
Oh well - still second
Must do better Bris....(Sm135)

Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 17:16
Well deserved draw for Irish, got away with murder at the breakdown in second half and fair play to them... flying through rucks, taking people well beyond and holding them then standing in our defensive line! Madness, uncontested scrums took away our main advantage too. Really disrupted. Don't see them winning the competition but if they can maintain that standard with no key injuries then mid table security at least.

Would bring Madigan back into the side, Sheedy had a mare with the boot (Lloyd not much better) and I'm not sure Uren has recovered from concussion yet as he didn't seem himself. Stirzaker and Randall + Madigan for Sarries? Need Bedlow involved IMO as we stopped losing collisions (perhaps we are trying to step too much, need direct), this side looked worse than the one we took to Brive, Thacker was outstanding and what a time to find his form again. Would be looking at a loss otherwise.

Pat will be furious, today wasn't good enough. Glad we got 3 points from a potential disaster but so many need a kick up the @#$%&.

Field marshall 01 December, 2019 17:19
Pretty poor from us, those points were barely deserved. LI looked the better team to be honest, far more resilient defence and better at getting over the gain line too. Very deserved sending off, but had they been at 15 we might have struggled to get a point from that game. Still lacking a bit of impetus in the centre.

Rich. 01 December, 2019 17:26
Maybe not just some of us on here 'Really felt like we thought we’d walk it' - with all the talk of top of league and Radradra joining etc I think not everyone had their best game-head on today. It will do us good and at least we got 3 Points

AlexInSouthville 01 December, 2019 17:56
Slow hand clap for, once again, us playing in our own 22 in a tight game.

JMills 01 December, 2019 18:12
When we went down to 14 why were we forced to bring on a prop for uncontested scrums. Gave Ll an advantage and an easy try in the corner

cjm. 01 December, 2019 18:13
That's the law apparently. Wayne Barnes was quite clear that, even uncontested, the front row need to be front row players. No idea what happens if there are none left.

youngone 01 December, 2019 18:19
But if uncontested why remove a back not a back row? Or is thems the rules?

Florida 01 December, 2019 18:31
Thanks for a cracking game folks. First half was enjoyable (although a bit too much kick tennis), but second half was exceptional with some excellent attacking play from yourselves and robust defense from us.

Looking forward to the return fixture!

SeeGT 01 December, 2019 18:36
I thought we removed Joe Joyce?

Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 18:38
Quote:
SeeGT
I thought we removed Joe Joyce?
We did, brought on Yann.

Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 18:41
Quote:
Florida
Looking forward to the return fixture!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, think I'll be returning to the madstad for the first time since you relegated us a long time ago... hope I don't have too many flashbacks although I have to say you guys looked after us well in the err, cowshed (Was it?) after the match.

KJS 01 December, 2019 18:54
The actual point being that the LI prop had a dislocated finger, described by Wayne Barnes as nasty....... not a nasty cut.
There looked to have been a small cut on his wrist as he left the pitch, not apparently a significant injury and no bandages visible. The independent match doctor confirmed that this cut which wasn’t the Obvious reason for him to be replaced or the explanation supplied to sir by the on field medics, was apparently uncontrollable, despite it not really requiring much treatment during the extended period of treatment on the pitch it would seem.
This meant that LI could keep a replacements front row on as a blood sub and then also bring On a fresh international level second row who definitely contributed.....

The independent doctor can confirm that someone is still bleeding but the LI medical team will have been doing the treatment with no doubt great enthusiasm......

The other real point is that we definitely, gamesmanship aside, cost ourselves 2 points...... too much aimless kicking from hand, too many missed touch kicks, too many missed off the tee and not enough breakdown challenge....

Fair play to LI hope they do well but not as good as us!

Picton 01 December, 2019 20:13
Just home from the game and wanted to say a big thank you to all the Bristol supporters who were so welcoming and friendly to me today. It's never easy being an away supporter surrounded by the home fans but the banter was great and your hospitality much appreciated. Was over the moon with a draw as I really thought we were going to struggle to even get a bonus point today especially after we deservedly went down to 14 men. Thanks again and good luck for the rest of the season

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net