Untitled Document

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
a lot of points from the boot left out there today
Discussion started by Big Dave , 01 December, 2019 16:59
a lot of points from the boot left out there today
Big Dave 01 December, 2019 16:59
Wonder what Madigan thinks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 17:08 by Big Dave.

Re: Left a lot of points from the boot put there today
youngone 01 December, 2019 17:08
Our kicking from hand wasn't much better. People lambasted Randall's locking last week but I think I would have taken that over urens today. Ah well, could have been a lot worse.

Re: a lot of points from the boot left out there today
Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 17:18
I lost count, how many missed points was that?

TimothyQ 01 December, 2019 17:19
That happens. Our goal kicking percentages are still pretty good, so itís nothing to get excited about.

peter j 01 December, 2019 17:20
+1

Rich. 01 December, 2019 17:22
Quote:
TimothyQ
That happens. Our goal kicking percentages are still pretty good, so itís nothing to get excited about.

Agree and after a missed kick the oppo remains on the defensive rather than dropping out from half way (& linked to that the game would have gone differently had any of those kicks gone over). That said when have a last minute kick to win a game you want to feel confident in you kicker.

I like Mads but he missed 2 fairly straightforward ones at home to Sale last year so these things happen.

Rinkadink 01 December, 2019 17:24
Second time with Sheedy this season though, he's normally better than that as we know but it is two oddly poor performances when it comes to place kicking.

JamboBris 01 December, 2019 17:24
Take more issue that we let a side as unimaginative and limited in possession as that get away with a draw. We made a lot of errors that gave them the ball in good positions and kept getting drawn into a kicking exchange by them. Can see why Irish get hardly anyone watching them going by that mind.

Rich. 01 December, 2019 17:27
Irish normally a very attacking team from what I've seen and read this season. They had a game-plan to beat us and it nearly worked perfectly!

cjm. 01 December, 2019 17:28
Quote:
JamboBris
Take more issue that we let a side as unimaginative and limited in possession as that get away with a draw. We made a lot of errors that gave them the ball in good positions and kept getting drawn into a kicking exchange by them. Can see why Irish get hardly anyone watching them going by that mind.

Yet you can't beat us with all that money and 15 players. Must hurt.

FWIW. This is a much different LI to the the last few season. Seriously good players in there. Scored plenty of good tries this season too.

Ernie Ball 01 December, 2019 17:28
Madders would have easily kicked those goals. It's time we had some answers why he's not on the pitch.

Gray_Lensman 01 December, 2019 17:29
Was it just me, but did the ball sound really odd when it was kicked? Like it was under inflated?

JamboBris 01 December, 2019 17:32
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
JamboBris

FWIW. This is a much different LI to the the last few season. Seriously good players in there. Scored plenty of good tries this season too.

Agreed there are some very good players in the squad and was excited to see Naholo in particular. Unfortunately Myler and Jackson spent the whole game kicking the ball away from your backs and we decided to go along with it and kick worse. Your defence was solid for the most part and the gameplan almost worked to perfection for you. Not a lot of fun to watch though.

cjm. 01 December, 2019 17:47
Quote:
JamboBris
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
JamboBris

Agreed there are some very good players in the squad and was excited to see Naholo in particular. Unfortunately Myler and Jackson spent the whole game kicking the ball away from your backs and we decided to go along with it and kick worse. Your defence was solid for the most part and the gameplan almost worked to perfection for you. Not a lot of fun to watch though.

I agree far too much kicking ( but Jackson has not been great generally so far ). I haven't seen us kick it nearly as much the whole season as we did in this game. Still think it was an entertaining game though. Seen so much worse.

Naholo is a bit disappointing. Doesn't seem to have the attacking threat expect so far and seems a bit off the pace.

Hercules Spoons 01 December, 2019 17:49
Iím away at the moment: tell me, was Bruce Reihana there, lurking and talking to Sheedy as he set up his kicks?

Iíd find that a real distraction rather than a help if I were CS

in between 01 December, 2019 17:51
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
JamboBris

So youíve spent sweet FA this season then?

AlexInSouthville 01 December, 2019 17:55
Quote:
cjm.

ďAll that moneyĒ. Tired old trope. I bet our wage bills are not vastly different.

cjm. 01 December, 2019 17:55
Quote:
in between
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
JamboBris

So youíve spent sweet FA this season then?

I have no idea what this post is meant to mean.

SirBurger 01 December, 2019 17:57
Sorry, but what do you expect a team with 14 players to do? Any team that goes down a man reverts to a simply kicking game plan. Not really very fair to judge a team in those circumstances.

Gray_Lensman 01 December, 2019 18:00
I have to congratulate the Irish defence which I thought was outstanding, particularly when a man down

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net