Latest news:
Untitled Document

Committee meetings
Discussion started by rambling sid , 02 December, 2019 15:28
Committee meetings
rambling sid 02 December, 2019 15:28
Is it now generally accepted that every time there is a throw in, play stops for a committee meeting to be held by the team throwing in (even us on some occasions). Yesterday LI seemed to do this to excess without any attempt by the ref to tell them to get on with it. Surely this is unacceptable especially with the amount of coaching undertaken. Perhaps a one word instruction by the pack leader should suffice.

Re: Committee meetings
Wickerman 02 December, 2019 15:32
It was blatant time wasting.But to be fair to the ref ,he stopped the clock on at least 3 occasions when they were doing it.
A penalty against would likely have stopped it though.

TimothyQ 02 December, 2019 16:09
I agree. Itís one of those things that everyone is doing, but could be stopped by referees over one weekend.

youngone 02 December, 2019 19:58
Scrums are just as bad these days

AGS 02 December, 2019 20:29
They were a man down. You'd expect the same if it was the other way round, and there was nothing particularly bad imho.

I did find it interesting that Barnsey threatened to free kick Uren if he feigned a pick-up again. The little glance around the edge of the ruck has crept-in over the past season as refs have allowed it to go unchallenged and others have copied.

SparkyBris 03 December, 2019 10:59
Its the human-centipede thing for a box-kick at the back of the ruck is the bit that really gets my goat. But you're right, the whole squad meeting for a quick ball to the front jumper is just a time-wasting thing in my opinion.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net