Latest news:
Untitled Document

mobile site issues
Discussion started by Jim H , 03 December, 2019 13:58
mobile site issues
Jim H 03 December, 2019 13:58
For the past few days I've been having to accept the GDPR /privacy conditions on every page. open the site - accept the conditions, open thread - accept the conditions, back to thread list - accept the conditions......

it is making it a total pain to use, anyone else getting this? Currently have the issue on Chrome and the samsung browser (different phone).

Can we rethink not moving to viewfromthe22?

Re: mobile site issues
EverOptimistic 03 December, 2019 14:20
I only have to do it once when I enter the site. That's with Android.

Furriner 03 December, 2019 16:18
Yes, itís become a real pain, not only with having to continually accept the wotsit, but also with the new range of pop ups theyíve dreamed up. Itís presumably their new way of overcoming our previous ability to block ads. I understand their desire to sell ads, but itís like having a pushy sales person camping in my living room. I have a short patience threshold so if someone canít offer advice on combatting this Iím off the site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 16:34 by Furriner.

Furriner 03 December, 2019 16:20
To add insult to injury theyíre trying to declare my post a spam. Itís gone to the moderator to....moderate, presumably.

Peter_B 03 December, 2019 16:24
Try posting it again. It will likely work the second time.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

memnoch 03 December, 2019 16:49
Not having any problems at all on safari with AdGuard.

Arjay 03 December, 2019 19:16
Quote:
memnoch
Not having any problems at all on safari with AdGuard.

+1

Paulie 03 December, 2019 20:51
Thank god it's not just me. Getting it on 2 different Android devices. Every single page it's tedious especially on a phone where you have to drag way off the screen to accept and then return.

Rinkadink 03 December, 2019 23:20
Quote:
Furriner
Yes, itís become a real pain, not only with having to continually accept the wotsit, but also with the new range of pop ups theyíve dreamed up. Itís presumably their new way of overcoming our previous ability to block ads. I understand their desire to sell ads, but itís like having a pushy sales person camping in my living room. I have a short patience threshold so if someone canít offer advice on combatting this Iím off the site.

What platform do you use?

Furriner 04 December, 2019 09:21
I use Safari on an iPhone

Rinkadink 05 December, 2019 12:16
Quote:
Furriner
I use Safari on an iPhone

Have you tried the above suggestion with Adguard? I don't use IOS so can't help you much.

Another option may be using a VPN which blocks ads?

Jim H 05 December, 2019 12:59
It's not adverts, it's the sportsnetwork/quanticast cookies acceptance thing.

Furriner 05 December, 2019 13:16
I use Adblocker, which has been effective until a week or so ago. Now itís not.

memnoch 05 December, 2019 13:27
Quote:
Furriner
I use Adblocker, which has been effective until a week or so ago. Now itís not.

Try adguard, it seems to work better than adblocker.

Furriner 05 December, 2019 16:45
Cheers guys, Iíll give it a go.

Rinkadink 05 December, 2019 16:48
Quote:
Jim H
It's not adverts, it's the sportsnetwork/quanticast cookies acceptance thing.

I expect it's related, delete site cookies too maybe?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net