Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
French Strikes
Discussion started by expectingrain , 05 December, 2019 13:11
French Strikes
expectingrain 05 December, 2019 13:11
With all the stiles and cancellations are the Stade team going to be able to get here for the game on Saturday and are we going to be able to get there next Saturday

Re: French Strikes
Brisman 05 December, 2019 13:14
I’m on the plane to Paris next Friday night, so we’d better be able to get there!

expectingrain 05 December, 2019 14:30
I'll see you then. I'm on that flight to

Brisman 05 December, 2019 18:50
Quote:
expectingrain
I'll see you then. I'm on that flight to
Fingers crossed that these strikes are resolved before we go mate.

T J 05 December, 2019 20:16
We’re driving over on Eurotunnel so fingers crossed will be ok.

thorpebayexile 05 December, 2019 21:45
I work in Paris. You might find it difficult to get the RER and metro to the ground. Eurostar are cancelling some trains through to early next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2019 21:50 by thorpebayexile.

Standardprocedure 11 December, 2019 16:04
a colleague of mine in Paris has warned that the city will be very chaotic this weekend, so (a) plan (and contingency plan) ahead, (b) leave plenty of time to get where you want to be, and (c) stay safe because there is possibly going to be an increase in 'gilet jaune' activity and sentiment in the city is quite negative at the moment; there are real fears of violent clashes like there were earlier in the year

Brisman 11 December, 2019 16:13
Quote:
Standardprocedure
a colleague of mine in Paris has warned that the city will be very chaotic this weekend, so (a) plan (and contingency plan) ahead, (b) leave plenty of time to get where you want to be, and (c) stay safe because there is possibly going to be an increase in 'gilet jaune' activity and sentiment in the city is quite negative at the moment; there are real fears of violent clashes like there were earlier in the year
Thanks for the heads up mate.

Rich. 11 December, 2019 17:34
Avez un trés jolie temp notre amies!

Brisman 11 December, 2019 18:01
Quote:
Rich.
Avez un trés jolie temp notre amies!
Merci beaucoup monsieur!

thorpebayexile 11 December, 2019 20:20
I work in Paris and didn't bother going this week. I was going to the match but wont. Getting to the stadium will be difficult. I'm driving down on Sunday for the week. If I was going I would drive and take a bike to get round.

minnie 11 December, 2019 20:33
We're on the 07:30 am flight Friday morning, so should make it in time for the game.
Found this site [www.thelocal.fr] that seems to have all the updates about the strikes., and especially transport, thankfully all in English.

See you Saturday night, and good luck with your travel arrangements.

Brisman 11 December, 2019 20:34
Quote:
thorpebayexile
I work in Paris and didn't bother going this week. I was going to the match but wont. Getting to the stadium will be difficult. I'm driving down on Sunday for the week. If I was going I would drive and take a bike to get round.
My hotel is apparently a 10 minute walk to the stadium, so that’s not a problem. I’ve booked tickets to go up the Eiffel Tower on Saturday, is it going to be worth my while trying to get there? I was planning on using the Metro, but sound like that’s not going to be a good idea.

Hercules Spoons 11 December, 2019 20:35
If I recall the stadium is quite away from the central area and there's not much in the way of facilities around?

Bit like the Mem?

thorpebayexile 11 December, 2019 21:37
Quote:
Brisman
Quote:
thorpebayexile
My hotel is apparently a 10 minute walk to the stadium, so that’s not a problem. I’ve booked tickets to go up the Eiffel Tower on Saturday, is it going to be worth my while trying to get there? I was planning on using the Metro, but sound like that’s not going to be a good idea.

Line 1 and 14 are pretty ok as they are driverless. Line 1 goes from west-east. You could get out near Argentine or Porte maillot and walk but it means walking through Bois de Boulogne which would be eye opening. Traffic has been very very heavy as well

minnie 11 December, 2019 21:38
We've been checking out transport from CDG to our hotel
Have found this site. Supershuttle.com, that gets you around, that says it's not affected by the strikes, but will be by the traffic.

Doesn't seem to be too over priced, and saves the hassle of trying to find working trains/metros/busses.

in between 12 December, 2019 17:33
Friend who lives in Paris text me to say it had taken him 75 minutes to get from CDG airport area to his home in Nation which is 30km or so.

Rich. 12 December, 2019 17:59
Quote:
in between
Friend who lives in Paris text me to say it had taken him 75 minutes to get from CDG airport area to his home in Nation which is 30km or so.

To be fair it normally takes me that long (or more) in rush hour to get from Bath to Southmead when I have to go there and that's about 20km. Did he/she say how much longer that is than normal?

PGW 12 December, 2019 18:59
Arrived in Paris this morning. Quite a few Bears supporters on the flight. Traffic was a nightmare and its pouring down! Our hotel is normally 30 minutes by taxi to the stadium. Uber has advised us to leave hotel at 6.00pm and hope for the best. More protests arranged for Saturday.

NearAshtonGate 12 December, 2019 19:11
How did you get into the City from CDG? Coming over tomorrow evening and think RER B will be closed then.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net