team v SF
Discussion started by youngone , 05 December, 2019 16:33
team v SF
youngone 05 December, 2019 16:33
We ain't messing about!

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Re: team v SF
TimothyQ 05 December, 2019 16:40
I am pleased Mads is getting an opportunity to stake his claim, but I sincerely hope that this isnít a reaction to a couple of missed kicks.

peter j 05 December, 2019 16:42
+1

Furriner 05 December, 2019 16:42
Decent looking side, but the real story is DT and Siale being out of action for lengthy periods. In the case of Siale itís effectively most of the rest of the season.

Rinkadink 05 December, 2019 16:51
Feel for Siale but its a chance for Bedlow, I think he's our future starting 12.

Uren and Sheedy did need to be shown they're not irreplaceable and complacency and iffy performances can't creep in. Rest will probably do them good and they'll be back soon enough as our main half back pairing.

lukesmith17 05 December, 2019 17:03
Nightmare injuries for Dan and Siale in positions we are not blessed with a lot of cover. Siale is going to be a massive miss!

TimothyQ 05 December, 2019 17:10
Quote:
lukesmith17
Nightmare injuries for Dan and Siale in positions we are not blessed with a lot of cover. Siale is going to be a massive miss!

I remember Pat said during the summer that he was leaving some £££ aside for the injury loan market. I wouldnít be surprised to see a new face, particularly in the midfield.

That said, it will be a big opportunity for Bedlow if he gets a run of games. Heís not a kid anymore, and I feel like he has to stake his claim now.

BigO 05 December, 2019 17:16
That's one heck of a selection! Fairly pointed comments from PL about Uren and Sheedy, but fair enough if we want to drive higher and higher standards.

Gutted about Siale - poor guy. I hope Bedlow (and Eden) can rise to the challenge. Every confidence they can.

We've been pretty lucky on the injury front so far - driven by our outstanding medical and S&C teams - so touch wood this is a blip.

youngone 05 December, 2019 17:21
whats actually wrong with SP? i cant find anything online. He'll be missed but hurrell should have a point to prove and bedlow has improved continually over the previous few years and this could now be his breakthrough opportunity.

lukesmith17 05 December, 2019 17:31
100% Faith in Bedlow and Hurrell 2 more than capable replacements. Its siale's experience and know how we will miss most in the pressure situations. But this is why you build a squad.. Like you said though with abit of ££ available this could be useful to give us abit more depth in the midfield.

Rich. 05 December, 2019 17:40
We have a young kiwi flanker joining as a temp don't we. Not sure if he's arrived yet. Always risky to assume that all New Zealand openside flankers are very good - but they normally are!! And Pat clearly things he's good enough

Rinkadink 05 December, 2019 17:43
Bedlow, Hurrell, Madigan are all ready to go at 12... Heenan, Vui, Hamilton, Graham all ready to go at flanker (Jefferies is a blow for everyone though)

Think we're probably okay for cover? *fingers crossed*

Rich. 05 December, 2019 17:51
I think Dan Thomas is one of THE best 7s in Britain and Ireland so he'll be a miss (as good as Heenan us) but good to see it's only for about 5 weeks. Bad news re Siale who has been very good this season. But chance for Bedlow (& others) to step up as I'm sure they will

TimothyQ 05 December, 2019 18:17
Quote:
Rich.
We have a young kiwi flanker joining as a temp don't we. Not sure if he's arrived yet. Always risky to assume that all New Zealand openside flankers are very good - but they normally are!! And Pat clearly things he's good enough

Itís probably a safe assumption in this instance. He came from Auckland, so I expect he came well recommend from one of Pats or friends or colleagues.

Hercules Spoons 06 December, 2019 10:06
I am impressed with PL's ruthless approach to selection. No one gets comfortable.

Really bad news for Siale, he's been playing so well this season and look forward to a quick recovery by Dan.

Rich. 06 December, 2019 10:45
Stade side from their Twitter looks like mainly 2nd choice as expected - certainly I don't recognise any names from a first glance (sorry it's one of those picture team sheets so can't copy and paste here). Expect their first team next week as they try to get some momentum back into their Top 14 season.

John Denver 06 December, 2019 11:43
1 Mavinga, 2 Da Silva, 3 Melikidze, 4 Pyle, 5 De Giovanni, 6 Chapuis, 7 Koroi, 8 Godener, 9 Hall, 10, Segondo, 11 Etien, 12 Arrate, 13 Mapoe, 14 Naivalu, 15 Lapegue

16 Latu, 17 Camara, 18 Tagi, 19 Gabrillagues, 20 Azagoh, 21 Daguin, 22 Danty, 23 Tui

JMills 06 December, 2019 15:38
Max Lahiff has been a bit of an odd signing so far. Has looked good when on the pitch but constantly in and out of the squad whilst the other prop positions have been fairly consistent. Was an unused sub last week, when we even ended up with Woolmore and Yann Thomas on the pitch at the same time once Afoa was sin binned.

Old Bristolian 06 December, 2019 16:23
Thought you had to sub TH for a TH!

TimothyQ 06 December, 2019 16:42
Quote:
Old Bristolian
Thought you had to sub TH for a TH!

When scrums are uncontested, it just has to be a front row for a front row. They could have bought Capon on if they wanted.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net