Latest news:
Untitled Document

Future salary cap breaches... possible automatic relegation and withdrawal of titles
Discussion started by tbr , 10 January, 2020 21:01
Future salary cap breaches... possible automatic relegation and withdrawal of titles
tbr 10 January, 2020 21:01
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 21:02 by tbr.

Re: Future salary cap breaches... possible automatic relegation and withdrawal of titles
hooter 10 January, 2020 22:02
Never happen

Re: Future salary cap breaches... possible automatic relegation and withdrawal of titles
Bris Bob 11 January, 2020 11:28
As a certain statesman once said (there are known knowns and known unknowns) will see. Yes a penalty was served this year ,but to state " decisive prior action" being taken is questionable as even in previous seasons a few eyebrows were raised around one or two clubs salary costs.

SimonG19 11 January, 2020 11:46
It's "absolutely a possibility" that something might be done.

Seems we will continue to have to rely on the Daily Mail to highlight the cheating in order for PRL to ignore it.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 14:18
Just don't try talking about anything relating to this on the Sarries site, whole multi-page threads (with reasonable discussions) are being outright deleted. Not even locked, just *poof*

Hmm...

Peter_B 11 January, 2020 14:21
Yes but apparently they can comment on other clubs with impunity.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Man from LA 11 January, 2020 15:18
I've been blocked from their forum (John Tee, among others, has said the same), I've never said anything nasty or malicious, just my own point of view. Bit rich when you consider that a certain Salaries poster recently called Tony Rowe a 'vindictive moron' yet can still carry on, and called fans of other clubs 'morons' a few weeks back. They are doing nearly as much damage to their club's reputation as anything else.

John Tee 11 January, 2020 17:38
Quote:
Rinkadink
Just don't try talking about anything relating to this on the Sarries site, whole multi-page threads (with reasonable discussions) are being outright deleted. Not even locked, just *poof*
Hmm...

Lol lol... i cant post there...no idea why but yes, the place is laughable. Most sensible Saracens fans are keeping their head down out of shame and sheer embarrassment, id assume, but the censors are very busy.
What that really achieves is make them a further laughing stock and still in denial.

If they were to get relegated, then i wonder even then whether the club and zealous fans would accept they were caught cheating...

SimonG19 12 January, 2020 12:32
Quote:
John Tee
Quote:
Rinkadink
Hmm...

Lol lol... i cant post there...no idea why but yes, the place is laughable. Most sensible Saracens fans are keeping their head down out of shame and sheer embarrassment, id assume, but the censors are very busy.
What that really achieves is make them a further laughing stock and still in denial.

If they were to get relegated, then i wonder even then whether the club and zealous fans would accept they were caught cheating...

Proud to say that I am banned there too!

Mind you those administering and posting on that particular message board are doing a far better job than I could ever do of highlighting everything that is wrong with their despicable little club.

Fridger 12 January, 2020 13:35
Great comment by David Walsh in The Sunday Times today saying that Saracens should be calling themselves for the 103 page report into their salary cap breaches to be published. It would allow everyone to know exactly what they did and remove the speculation as to what extent they broke the rules. The secrecy around it only goes to create more speculation that there is some sort of cover up going on about it. Donít understand why Premiership Rugby wonít allow the paying fans to know exactly what has gone on?

John Tee 12 January, 2020 14:24
Quote:
Man from LA
I've been blocked from their forum (John Tee, among others, has said the same), I've never said anything nasty or malicious, just my own point of view. Bit rich when you consider that a certain Salaries poster recently called Tony Rowe a 'vindictive moron' yet can still carry on, and called fans of other clubs 'morons' a few weeks back. They are doing nearly as much damage to their club's reputation as anything else.

Hiya, i thought i was opinionated over this subject on their board but not trolling or rude, but found my posts just wouldnt er...post. I thought i would at least be notified that I'd been blocked for such and such a reason but no.
However, i do agree it says a lot about the club and general ethos of many who follow it. I would say support, but they dont have too many of them it seems and after their shenanigans, i would have thought they'd haemorrhage even more.

From a supporting point of view i rank Saracens activities as right up there as the most despicable in sport not just Union
Now if I'd been impolite enough to say that on their board, id have expected a warning and would have understood it, but hey ho...
they'll ban people for pointing out the obvious fact they were found guilty of cheating but dont actually see anything wrong in actually doing the cheating in the first place...
Quite classic.

Gray_Lensman 12 January, 2020 16:20
I suspect that Saracens haven't publicly called for publication of the report because, as has been recently rumoured, it shows they have breached the salary cap to a much greater extent than many have supposed based on the size of the fine and points deduction. The fact that the new chief executive appears to be planning to offload players and other cost cutting measures this season might support this view and gives the lie to statements that they were compliant with the cap this season.

We know that Saracens cheated in previous seasons and it looks like they have cheated so far this season. Which means clubs like us and Worcester were handed heavy defeats by a club that was still breaking the rules. And will probably continue to do so until relegation is avoided and some other innocent club is relegated in its stead. Only then will real action be taken to bring it into compliance. Saracens cheated and got off lightly. Bringing in more severe punishment is the right thing to do (as would be much more powerful and independent regulators) but it is practically the definition of a stable door & horse situation.

elegia 13 January, 2020 09:00
for future breaches?

should be for current ones - sarries should have been relegated
same as punishments for clubs that went bust

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2011/7/13/1310579502636/New-Order-left-to-right-G-007.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net