Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bristol v Brive LIVE
Discussion started by Bristol Post John , 11 January, 2020 14:00
Bristol v Brive LIVE
Bristol Post John 11 January, 2020 14:00
If you are not down the Gate today you can follow all the action from the game right here.

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Re: Bristol v Brive LIVE
Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 15:21
Poor O'Connor dropping balls again, took try well but errors not good. Needs a rest I think.

Protheroe is everywhere, looks fantastic and Hamilton putting in a shift already.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 15:30
Protheroe is on fire!

foinavon 11 January, 2020 15:44
Messing up pretty much every attacking move with knock-ons, passes to opposition, poor decisions - we can't play like this against half way decent teams - we should be using games like this to practice playing with control rather than trying to score a try in every single play...

foinavon 11 January, 2020 15:46
OK that's a bit better!

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 15:50
17 - 3... some loose passing and losing ball on ground (strangely). Luatua twice in 1 minute too, also probably in need of rest, he's played pretty much every match this season?

BS7 11 January, 2020 15:51
Quote:
foinavon
Messing up pretty much every attacking move with knock-ons, passes to opposition, poor decisions - we can't play like this against half way decent teams - we should be using games like this to practice playing with control rather than trying to score a try in every single play...
Agree, had a break in stream but who gave the pass that was easily intercepted? Randall's pass to Attwood for his try was sublime as he read the defence.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 16:12
We just scored from what I thought was a forward pass, nice to have something in our favour for a change.

BS7 11 January, 2020 16:16
Quote:
Rinkadink
We just scored from what I thought was a forward pass, nice to have something in our favour for a change.
Agree but Bedloe try lovely

BS7 11 January, 2020 16:17
Quote:
BS7
Quote:
Rinkadink
Agree but Bedloe try lovely
oops, BEDLOW

Brizzle 11 January, 2020 16:25
Randall having a really good game. Great quick service but also a where of possible interceptions.
Bris looking good.

BS7 11 January, 2020 16:27
Quote:
Brizzle
Randall having a really good game. Great quick service but also a where of possible interceptions.
Bris looking good.
Agree, again.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 16:54
Much better, lot of people had good games again. Stand outs my MOTM Protheroe, Bedlow (his pick up at speed from the deck was gorgeous), Hamilton, Attwood and Thomas. Also the Brive winger was very good, big unit too. Much better performance, cut down on errors and managed the ref brilliantly for once who I thought was much better than others we've had in recent matches.

robtheh 11 January, 2020 16:57
Quote:
Rinkadink
Much better, lot of people had good games again. Stand outs my MOTM Protheroe, Bedlow (his pick up at speed from the deck was gorgeous), Hamilton, Attwood and Thomas. Also the Brive winger was very good, big unit too. Much better performance, cut down on errors and managed the ref brilliantly for once who I thought was much better than others we've had in recent matches.

Watching the stream, the ref was one of the worst we’ve had. He was so one-eyed in our favour it was unbelievable.

youngone 11 January, 2020 16:59
I managed to watch about 80% of it online, I thought Joyce attwood leiua and protheroe all had good games not to say the rest didn't though

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 17:03
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Rinkadink

Watching the stream, the ref was one of the worst we’ve had. He was so one-eyed in our favour it was unbelievable.

Don't see how, pinged us quite a bit in second half. Brive hardly drove straight and pushed early so were rightly penalised.

What did he get wrong?

robtheh 11 January, 2020 17:07
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
robtheh
Quote:
Rinkadink

Don't see how, pinged us quite a bit in second half. Brive hardly drove straight and pushed early so were rightly penalised.

What did he get wrong?

Driving straight was negligible, we were allowed longer at the ruck than they were overall, arm binding at the scrum...he really wasn’t great.
The early shove thing was a blind: the last two scrums were Dawe getting folded in half through terrible body angle.

Glad we won, of course.

James_P 11 January, 2020 17:38
Might just be me but much prefer watching the stream today with no commentary. Just the crowd and the ref is preferable for me. Lots of good performances today, Protheroe should get a decent run now and looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 17:42
We warned both sides for binding on arm, Brive came around a hell of a lot when they made their front row replacements... right calls. Not sure what rucks have to so with scrums but I think the difference there was our jacking techniques vs theirs. Smith knowledge/tutorage coming into play?

James, yup... especially as we can clearly hear the ref comms and players.

Rinkadink 11 January, 2020 17:47
Official MOTM was Attwood, fair enough. As above had a stand out game, I was very impressed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net