Latest news:
Untitled Document

Vulnerable to the short kick off
Discussion started by expectingrain , 26 January, 2020 19:22
Vulnerable to the short kick off
expectingrain 26 January, 2020 19:22
As soon as Twelvetrees came on he kicked off right onto our 10m line and each time they regained possession in our half. The same thing happened in the Wasps game. I lost count of how many short kick offs we turned over. If l have noticed this lím sure all the other Prem teams have as well so we better get practicing hard cos thereís going to be a lot of short kick offs coming our way soon.

Re: Vulnerable to the short kick off
robtheh 26 January, 2020 20:18
Restarts have been an Achilles heel of ours for some time, under Lam and prior.

Hercules Spoons 26 January, 2020 20:18
I hadn't picked that up er.

However, I was pleased that we varied our own kick offs, that's new and welcome.

Agent Dagnamit 28 January, 2020 08:50
That's how LI managed to draw with us. They recovered a short KO in injury time when we really ought to have been expecting it.

Graham_U 28 January, 2020 15:10
Our kick reception has long been a weakness. we seemed to have improved as the season has gone on but we still seem to be vulnerable to any variety, especially short as pointed out, and especially when the pressure is on.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Big Dave 29 January, 2020 16:38
On the rare occasions that we are allowed to criticise Bristol's play, I have thought about this. At times this year our desire to persist in playing from daft positions . We're vulnerable to the short restart, but we're also vulnerable to the kick that is not fielded inside the 22 or lands just outside. In our desperation to create an attacking platform we can run off we give away penalties and because of where the kicks have been placed, they are shots at goal for the opposition. Other teams, and us at times this season to be fair, create a platform and then weigh up the option to kick or continue to go forward with the ball in hand. In the first half we seemed to have ruled out the kick, gave away pens, and that's what basically kept Glos in the game before HT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net