Latest news:
Untitled Document

Team Prediction for Barf
Discussion started by SparkyBris , 24 February, 2020 15:16
Team Prediction for Barf
SparkyBris 24 February, 2020 15:16
As alluded to in the Bears Beyond the Gate podcast this week, the Rec is looking more and more like a quagmire, with Salamanders expected. Looking at the weather for Saturday, it looks like high winds with rain showers, so not conditions that suit our open passing style of play.

Having beaten Quins at home this weekend, B@rf will want to continue winning at home, but lets hope we can spoil their party and do the double over them this season!

So, do we stick with the chaps that have been closing out the tight games over the last couple of weeks? or stick it up the jumper and play with the elements?

Assuming that there were no significant injuries from yesterday, I'm going to go with a bit of a balance, but the assumption of a forwards arm-wrestle!

1. J. Woolmore
2. W. Capon
3. J. Afoa
4. J. Joyce
5. D. Attwood
6. S. Luatua
7. J. Heenan
8. N. Hughes

9. H. Randall
10. C. Sheedy
11. H. Purdy
12. S. Bedlow
13. P. O'Connor
14. L. Morahan
15. C. Piutau

16. S. Malton
17. L. Thiede
18. M. Lahiff
19. C. Vui
20. D. Thomas
21. A. Uren
22. I. Madigan
23. I. Lloyd

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Re: Team Prediction for Barf
JMills 24 February, 2020 16:37
The game is actually on Sunday where the weather looks slightly better, no rain predicted at this stage.

Think we will see a few changes:
1. Woolmore
2. Malton
3. Afoa
4. Vui
5. Attwood
6. Luatua (if not fit then Joyce in 2nd row and Vui at 6)
7. Thomas
8. Hughes
9. Randall
10. Sheedy
11. Purdy (if not fit then Leuia)
12. Bedlow
13. O'Conor
14. Morahan
15. Piutau

16. Capon
17. Y Thomas
18. Thiede
19. Joyce (as above, Hamilton if Luatua not fit)
20. Heenan
21. Uren
22. Lloyd
23. Leuia

TimothyQ 24 February, 2020 16:43
I am very similar to Sparky, although I would probably start Thomas and have Leuia on the bench instead of Lloyd.

If the conditions are as forecast, it would be a good game to have Madigan on the bench to close the game out.

Graham_U 24 February, 2020 17:16
Did you mean to have two Tight heads props on the bench?

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rich. 24 February, 2020 17:53
Our official site says in the fixtures section that it's being played at Twickenham, so I hope no one has been planning their weekend based on that

Hercules Spoons 24 February, 2020 21:25
Our Offy website can be very sloppy sometimes, besides the Twickenham thing they had the incorrect times for the P&R buses- not allowing for the 1pm start v Wuss

TimothyQ 24 February, 2020 21:38
Quote:
Graham_U
Did you mean to have two Tight heads props on the bench?
I missed that! Thomas and Thiede on the bench for me. Apparently Lahiff can play both sides but I am always sceptical about that until I see it!

airdog 25 February, 2020 09:16
with regards sparkys reference to the wreck as a quagmire I had to chuckle at our Pats comment at the end of his post match interview on Sunday when he talked about our next match being played at "The mud pool" .

Hercules Spoons 25 February, 2020 09:37
The playing surface really is dreadful, I know they’re trying hard for a new stadium but it is reminiscent of the old club rugby days.
That bottom corner, the area they call the ‘deep end’ is like a field gateway

EverOptimistic 25 February, 2020 10:36
From BBC
"Bath have signed Wales and British & Irish Lions scrum-half Rhys Webb on a deal until the end of the season.

Webb could make his debut in the derby against Bristol on Sunday, 1 March."

I wonder if he's been training with them already

(Sm136)

Rinkadink 25 February, 2020 10:58
Randall and Uren (possibly Stirzaker) to show Webb up, no worries.

JMills 26 February, 2020 10:44
England training squad has been confirmed meaning Bath will be missing Dunn, Ewels, Underhill, Joseph and Watson on Sunday. They should have Faletau, Obano and Stuart back though.

James_P 26 February, 2020 11:18
Was on a stag do in Bath on the weekend and Stooke came off with a lot of discomfort with his knee so would be surprised to see him play.

Does anyone know how Lahiff is doing? Be a very good game to get him back for.

Graham_U 26 February, 2020 15:27
May be wrong but I thought I saw Lahiff was involved in the pre-match warm up on Sunday as one of the non playing reserves.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net