Latest news:
Untitled Document

England Tour to Japan
Discussion started by SparkyBris , 18 March, 2020 16:37
England Tour to Japan
SparkyBris 18 March, 2020 16:37
The Rugby paper has suggested that Eddie Jones could take an 'experimental' side to Japan (if it goes ahead) in July.

The Rugby Paper

Forwards (18)
Prop (6): Beno Obano (Bath), Ellis Genge,(Leicester), Alec Hepburn (Exeter), Paul Hill (Northampton), Will Stuart (Bath), Harry Williams (Exeter).

Hooker (2): Tom Dunn (Bath), Will Capon (Bristol)

Second row (4): Charlie Ewels (Bath), Joe Launchbury (Wasps, tour captain), Jonny Hill (Exeter), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens)

Flanker (4): Ted Hill (Worcester), Jack Willis (Wasps), Ben Earl (Saracens), Mark Wilson (Sale)

No.8s (2): Zach Mercer (Bath), Sam Simmonds (Exeter)

Backs (14)
Scrum-half (2): Dan Robson (Wasps, vice-captain), Jack Maunder (Exeter)

Fly-half (3): Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Joe Simmonds (Exeter), Jacob Umaga (Wasps)

Centre (4): Henry Slade (Exeter), Joe Marchant (Harlequins/Blues), Ollie Devoto (Exeter), Ollie Lawrence (Worcester)

Wing (3): Ollie Thorley (Gloucester), Jack Nowell (Exeter), Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins)

Full-back (2): George Furbank (Northampton), Harry Mallinder (Northampton)

Great to see young Will Capon in there and Ben Earl (albeit as a Sarries player). Harry Randall must be worth a shout surely? and even Callum Sheedy over Marcus Smith. I would even consider Joycey over Nick Isiekwe (but then he can play back row too).

Thoughts?

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Re: England Tour to Japan
TimothyQ 18 March, 2020 17:12
I think Marcus Smith is extraordinary so I hope he takes the ten shirt. Plenty of stunning rugby players havenít made the grade at test level so he still has a lot of prove, but I think he is one of the great talents of his generation.

Randall has to be very close, although it will require England to play the game in a different way because they currently use the box kick as an attacking weapon which isnít really in Randallís skill set. Iím pleased that Capon is getting such plaudits and Iíd love for him to tour.

Of course, this depends on the tour being on. I donít think it will be.

Rinkadink 18 March, 2020 21:23
Andy Uren has a very good box kick, however. Just saying.

Rich. 19 March, 2020 14:40
Looking at Japan victory but a lot of reason to give some new players a chance + I think the first team would struggle anyway

Brizzlonian 21 March, 2020 01:45
I get that people like to promote and celebrate our own boys but suggesting Sheedy is better than Smith and Joyce is better than Isiekwe is one-eyedness of the highest order!

hooter 21 March, 2020 11:01
When you compare smith and sheedy in are recent home game there is no way Iíd swap them ever. The other pair mentioned I have no idea as havenít seen enough of Iseikwe to rate him, but as they say the table doesnít lie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net