Latest news:
Untitled Document

Interceptions this season
Discussion started by Rich. , 08 April, 2020 14:25
Interceptions this season
Rich. 08 April, 2020 14:25
Is it just me or is it the case that the number of interceptions we 'have' given away this season is a fraction of last years? Certainly in terms of interceptions leading to tries against us. Last season Harry Randall and Sheeds in particular had a fair few of their passes pounced on but this season I actually can't remember any. Sheeds is still going right to the line and we are still giving it a right go from all over the place (even if a little more careful) but interceptions seem to have been all but eradicated.

Re: Interceptions this season
JMills 08 April, 2020 15:07
There was one against London Irish when Naholo scored but there definitely seems to have been a lot less this season.

Sit_Down 09 April, 2020 14:42
Yeah, I think as the players get more familiar with the game plan they are developing their "fractional decision making". Where they might have forced a pass before because it was he game plan, they now are better at recognising i the pass is actually on.

Rich. 09 April, 2020 15:36
Agree SD. I've also noticed Sheeds and others briefly dummy the pass more to tempt a defender to rush up and leave the defensive line (hoping for an interception) which then leaves an overlap for us. Maybe that is also helping keep defenders from looking for interceptions from us so much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net