Latest news:
Untitled Document

Myners Report into salary cap regulations.
Discussion started by Peter D , 14 May, 2020 14:30
Myners Report into salary cap regulations.
Peter D 14 May, 2020 14:30
Sounds interesting. I bet they don't implement everything he says.

BBC

Re: Myners Report into salary cap regulations.
Rich. 14 May, 2020 14:41
Sounds good - I expect they will TBH

Graham_U 14 May, 2020 15:59
Difficult to tell but it seemed like the need for total transparency and clarity on what is part of the cap has been sweeped away by the clubs. Having read a lot of the Sarries assessment then with out that being addressed I'm not sure the cause of the problem has been solved.
I not against cuts in both cap and marque players even if we will suffer, but a long with that I really think there is a need to address sustainability with some sort of financial fare play. So clubs financial commitment is covered, so if someone pulls the plug on their investment they can not call back loans like Holmes, or undermine the business plan to cover outstanding costs already committed. Mind you any business plan is pie in the sky at the moment.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Peter D 14 May, 2020 17:29
Transparency is one of his key recommendations .

Graham_U 15 May, 2020 09:17
Quote:
Peter D
Transparency is one of his key recommendations .
"A series of additional measures were also considered as part of the review, including disciplinary hearings in public, the publication of player salaries and further restrictions on salaries and image rights payments.

However, Lord Myners said he had been convinced by clubs that "these more draconian measures are not necessary"."

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

hooter 15 May, 2020 09:28
And they reckon that bristol lost over 7 million last year, with Saracens losing 3.8 million

TimothyQ 15 May, 2020 16:52
Full report is here [media-cdn.incrowdsports.com]

Some very interesting points raised, it was particularly interesting to read his views on the clubs 'stepping outside' of the regulations in 2015 and again in December. He's right in my opinion that if these regulations are to mean anything, then the clubs should stop amending them on the fly.

Section 2.6 shows the current state of play of the finances in rugby, and it is not a pretty picture. At YE 2018 we were still in the championship, so I hope our expectation isn't to lose 7.2m every year. I shudder to think what that chart will look like when this disrupted season is included in the numbers.

A sobering point that Myners raises is that five players were paid more than 300,000 in the 13/14 season. In 19/20, this number has risen to ninety-nine. He suggests that the marquee player rule is forcing the value of players upwards, and it is difficult to argue with that assessment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net