Discussion started by dpw , 19 May, 2020 12:41
Welcome Siva Naulago
dpw 19 May, 2020 12:41

Re: Welcome Siva Naulago
youngone 19 May, 2020 12:43
Very exciting stuff indeed!!

Field marshall 19 May, 2020 12:45
HELL YES. Just the ticket, he's going to tear up.

BigO 19 May, 2020 13:42
Wow, this boy looks like a hot potato! Welcome. Only yesterday I was mulling over how many we've lost in the backs, and was getting slightly nervous that we have a few holes developing... but this news has given me a warm glow. A couple more to come in I hope.

TimothyQ 19 May, 2020 19:26
CP, Radrada, Morahan and Naulago. Kick for territory if you dare.

Bris Bob 19 May, 2020 19:34
Welcome aboard Siva ( worth a look at his Vt and You Tube clips) looks like handful!

airdog 20 May, 2020 08:40
well this could be another inspired Pat Lam signing but there have been a number of examples in the past where players have not lived up to the hype .
I certainly hope its the former as if he proves to be a premiership quality winger then there is a more likelyhood of us playing Sevi Radrada in the centre .

Rich. 20 May, 2020 09:32
Tell me if I'm wrong but I think he is a Union player who got picked up for a short spell with League. So no issues with him getting used to to the game if the case.

John Denver 20 May, 2020 09:48
I believe his Union experience is Sevens with Saracens but his Rugby League time should have taught him how to defend.

MrGreyUK 20 May, 2020 10:05
Great News! Welcome to Bristol Siva! Thanks for all your work Pat & Bears Team!

MrGreyUK
Older - But no wiser

Rich. 20 May, 2020 10:10
Why is he called Ratu in some references?

Arjay 20 May, 2020 21:59
According to Wikipaedia he’s Ratu Naulago, aka Siva according to the Hull paper, he’s Ratu ‘Siva’ Naulago.

Brizzle 20 May, 2020 22:36
Looks a great proposition from the clips.
Looking forward to watching them.... Next year!!.... Hopefully!!! 🏉🐻

gran 21 May, 2020 00:20
Rich, in the Fijiaan chiefly system the term Ratu refers to a Chief, and relates to the hierarchy, which from the lower level of the village is a mataqali, then a level above is the Yavusa or group of Mataqaiis and then above that the Yavusa and then above that the Province. Broady speaking a Ratu is the Chief of the Yavusa or higher still, and commands traditional respect from others.

Rich. 21 May, 2020 08:55
Cheers gran! I recall from a thread way-back that you've lived in the Pacific Islands so as soon as I saw your name as the new poster I knew I'd get my answer.

So would he likely want his new team mates and us to call him Siva or Ratu do you think?

Graham_U 21 May, 2020 09:50
Anyone (Gran) know what game he would have played as a youngster as I assume that would impact how quickly he would transition. Is league played on the Fiji? I thought I'd read some time back that 7s was the default which is probably more like Pat's gameplay for a back than 15.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rich. 21 May, 2020 10:37
I had a nose on the Hull FC (League) forum and a couple of comments there suggested he was a Union player who they converted to League. Also worth noting that the many comments on it suggested we have a very good player coming!. Some question marks about his positional play in defence but that might be linked to the (potential) issue of him being a converted Union player

Paul6730 21 May, 2020 12:22
He's played for the Army in Union so there no worries about his knowledge of the laws

gran 21 May, 2020 19:04
Hello Graham U and RIch, I have been locked down here in Fiji for 10 weeks now , and cant get back to blighty but heigh ho thats life, covid effectivecly absent from these parts as well. As for the questions, all the kids here play 7's on their local patch of grass and then into well established union 15's. there is no rugby league and the only time that a league team appears is when the Aussies stump up some money for a tournament and a group of union players from Fiji call them selves a league team and get paid for it. Yes Radadra and Hughes might have to call him Ratu ( Sir) as a mark of respect, even though they are probably being paid a lot more!
Finally I made a mistake and repeated the term Yavusa when I should have used Tikina. i.e. Tikina is a group of Yavusas.
My Fijiaan friends here tell me that Siva was a hell of a prospect when he left these shores for the British Army as an 18 year old. The British are still recruiting and there is a huge demand amongst young lads here to be chosen. All the best to Siva , he will find Bristol a great place.

Rich. 21 May, 2020 19:52
Cheers gran! Sounds like you've drawn the short straw there! Enjoy! Great to hear it's all relatively Covid free and also (though of course not as crucial) that there's no League on the Fijian islands!

I'll call him Siva then as don't go in for all that doffing the cap stuff.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net