Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goode/Hamilton Rugby Pod
Discussion started by Earlsbris , 21 May, 2020 13:39
Goode/Hamilton Rugby Pod
Earlsbris 21 May, 2020 13:39
Generally draws mixed reviews, but Pat Lam is on this week’s pod and (as ever) comes across very well. Crystal clear on recruitment/retention etc... worth a listen

Re: Goode/Hamilton Rugby Pod
SparkyBris 21 May, 2020 13:44
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. Pat is such a good speaker and makes things very clear. It is such an exciting time to be a Bris supporter with him at the helm.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Earlsbris 21 May, 2020 14:50
Was telling afterwards when they said that they’d run through walls for Pat!

Rich. 22 May, 2020 08:27
I've not listened to this show before but had a listen as Pat was being interviewed. Unfortunately Pat would not have heard the beginning of the program as, if he had, he I'm sure would have have made one point clear. Near the start Hamilton and Goode suggested that Bristol have indicated they would not vote in support of the Myners report. It is only the the recommendations around getting rid of the marquee players and reducing the salary cap that Steve Lansdown has said he does not agree with. I'm sure he and the rest of the club fully support the rest of the report's recommendations (and other clubs agree with Steve so I'm sure the Prem clubs will vote to to follow all recommendations apart from those two) but some listening to that show may have got the impression
from what was said at the start that Bristol might not be in support of all of the openness aspects etc.

tbr 22 May, 2020 08:36
A linked link (re us, pat and salary cap etc) from rugbypass...
[www.rugbypass.com]

Brizzlonian 22 May, 2020 08:54
Quote:
Rich.
I've not listened to this show before but had a listen as Pat was being interviewed. Unfortunately Pat would not have heard the beginning of the program as, if he had, he I'm sure would have have made one point clear. Near the start Hamilton and Goode suggested that Bristol have indicated they would not vote in support of the Myners report. It is only the the recommendations around getting rid of the marquee players and reducing the salary cap that Steve Lansdown has said he does not agree with. I'm sure he and the rest of the club fully support the rest of the report's recommendations (and other clubs agree with Steve so I'm sure the Prem clubs will vote to to follow all recommendations apart from those two) but some listening to that show may have got the impression
from what was said at the start that Bristol might not be in support of all of the openness aspects etc.

This is true, however the opening of the Myners report states that all his recommendations should come as a package and not to be picked and chosen. So, whilst I haven't seen anything official from the club, if Briz aren't agreeing with the marquee player recommendation, then they are not agreeing with the report.

Peter D 22 May, 2020 12:03
Myners' recommendation re. marquee players is to review the rule. Although he clearly thinks it drives wage inflation and clubs can't afford that he doesn't actually say abolish it - although it is obvious that he thinks that abolition would be the best option.

Hercules Spoons 22 May, 2020 16:37
Thanks for drawing our attention to this Earlsbris - very enlightening and answers questions others may have regarding the legitimacy of our signings/squad.

youngone 22 May, 2020 16:57
Great listen, Lam was as captivating and inspiring to listen to as always.

airdog 23 May, 2020 07:29
yes articulate, intelligent and informative as always but Pat with respect the beard really does not suit you !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net