Latest news:
Untitled Document

Departures from Bears Women
Discussion started by Bod , 22 May, 2020 10:53
Departures from Bears Women
Bod 22 May, 2020 10:53
Amelia Buckland Hurry and Florence Long leave Bears for Warriors

This is really disappointing for Bristol - Amelia is a great leader with lots of experience and I'm at a loss why she'd move on, she's been there for a while and very much a senior.

Flo is one of the most exciting young players in the country who is a product of Somerset, RFU SW and Filton SGS -and real Bristol through and through.

However, Jo Yapp has taken Wuss by the scruff of the neck since she took charge and is building an exciting young squad, so Amelia will bring a lot of balance of experience for sure, and Flo should probably now have the game time and opportunities to fulfil her ambitions.

I know keeping all the squad happy is always a challenge, but the removal of the 2nd/Development XV programme by RFU from the Tyrrells Premiership programme for 2020/21 will certainly frustrate a lot of players who'll have to find game time elsewhere.

I'm aware of others examining their options who really shouldn't be - all's not well at Shaftesbury Park it seems.

(Sm72)

Re: Departures from Bears Women
Jim H 22 May, 2020 11:10
Not being familiar with the ladies game any more (since my sister stopped playing - Captain of Clifton ladies) who plays at Shaftesbury Park? And what's the draw to Worcester?

Gray_Lensman 22 May, 2020 11:18
Bristol play at Shaftesbury Park, it's Dings' ground

Jim H 22 May, 2020 11:21
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Bristol play at Shaftesbury Park, it's Dings' ground

Cheers, never really pod much attention to where anywhere was when I played in Bristol!

Bod 22 May, 2020 12:10
I'm not sure about any special lure to Worcs other than Jo Yapp has used a heavy duty broom to make a clean sweep of a very flaky previous structure.
She's a very respected Coach, and is on a mission to return WWW to title challengers - they have great facilities and a good fan base.
Flo leaving for game time I can understand - Amelia less so, but maybe if she's taking a senior mentoring role I can see that attracting her.
(Sm72)

Bod 23 May, 2020 08:14
Club Captain leaving

Hugsie leaving as well doesn't ring right

Gray_Lensman 23 May, 2020 10:55
In fairness, she is retiring from playing. What makes you think there's more to it than that?

Rinkadink 23 May, 2020 18:03
The new salary cap stuff about to hit Bristol Bears Women hard?

Bod 24 May, 2020 15:13
New salary cap not introduced until 2021/22 as far as I'm aware.
I can't see Becky retiring from playing just yet; maybe she fancies a more social level?
(Sm3)

Bod 26 May, 2020 19:20
Tyrrells pull sponsorship of Womens Premiership

Nothing much to miss I guess, the following commentary had me agreeing with every point.

........and a Bag of Crisps for the Player of the Match (when televised!!)

eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net