Latest news:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
** 1983 Cup Final win highlights now on-line!! - follow link in this thread
Discussion started by Rich. , 22 June, 2020 09:00
** 1983 Cup Final win highlights now on-line!! - follow link in this thread
Rich. 22 June, 2020 09:00
This was mentioned most recently on a nostalgia thread but I think it needs a new push and dedicated thread title for clarity/advertising purposes.

It would be great if anyone who has a copy could please get it on-line on YouTube or other ways so everyone can see it (again or for first time)? Seebub mentioned they had a DVD of it but no way of scanning the DVD (& maybe you need a DVD writer on PC for that) but Seebub, is it possible to even just have a camera recording it being played on your TV? OK the quality would not be as good but it will be far better than nothing. Have to say I am not sure myself how that could be uploaded online but I'm sure someone here can't give the details for that.

Or has anyone else got a copy and the kit and knowledge to get it done?

Thanks in anticipation. It would be greatly appreciated by hundreds of us for sure. It seems to be the only John Player cup final not on-line!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 08:50 by Rich..

Re: Getting our 1983 Cup Final win highlights on-line
Peter D 22 June, 2020 11:56
If you've got a DVD and a PC with a DVD player you could try one of these.

DVD Rippers

gran 23 June, 2020 13:39
Seconded. Would love to see it myself.

Seedub 25 June, 2020 08:19
Nope. I have it on dvd but my pc only copies cd. If anyone can copy dvd I could lend them the dvd to copy. Your still need someone to get it online though. I'm a total technophobe

Peter D 25 June, 2020 11:20
I don't live in Bristol but could do it. I'm sure there will be someone who lives nearer who can do it. PM me if you want me to do it.

Rich. 25 June, 2020 12:11
Looking good. Cheers Seedub and Peter. If it is you who does it Peter there will therefore be some postage costs for you both etc but there will be lots of us very grateful. I'll give 15 to Cancer Research once it's online as my way of saying thanks.

SeeGT 25 June, 2020 20:40
Seedub

I am in Bristol and should be able to take a copy from your DVD to upload, with a slight caveat that sometimes older DvD formats can be a probem to convert. If you are already sorted with Peter, fine but I am available as back up if needed.

Seedub 26 June, 2020 21:45
Haven't sorted anything yet. I will search out the dvd tomorrow. If you pm me your address, I can post you the dvd to copy/upload or whatever. Just as long as I get the original back. It is just the highlights though not the full game

Seedub 27 June, 2020 11:19
OK guys. DVD located and sent in post today to Peter D who was the first one to provide an address. Hopefully it will arrive intact and will be able to be copied/uploaded. It was transferred from old Betamax video so don't be expecting too much guys smiling smiley

Rich. 27 June, 2020 15:20
Thanks ever so much Seedub and Peter (& also SeeGT). Fingers crossed all will go smoothly. Brilliant!

Peter D 29 June, 2020 15:13
The 1983 Cup final highlights are online now HERE. Quality's not the best but perfectly watchable.

There's another game on the disk - Bris v London Welsh in the Cup the following season. I'll put that up too. Link to follow.

Thanks to Seedub for the loan of the DVD.

SparkyBris 29 June, 2020 15:26
Watching it now. Thoroughly enjoyable!! Thank you for sorting [:wor kid:]

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Peter D 29 June, 2020 15:37
Here's the other one. Bristol v London Welsh at the Memorial Ground in the 4th Round of the JP Cup on 24th February 1984.

Here

Rinkadink 29 June, 2020 16:16
Oh my, amazing guys. Thank you so much!

Been wanting this for years and years.

Rich. 29 June, 2020 16:57
Fabulous!!! Thank you so much Seedub and Peter D!!! That has brought me a lot of joy and will do the next time I watch it as well - and the same for many others for sure. My 16 year old memory of the game was not that great (not helped by beers on the coach and at pub before the game) but this backed up my memory of how good a game it was. Great interview as well and great to see Ralph in full flow in that clip from an earlier round. Hoggy's try was brilliant. Bristol Fashion rugby indeed!
As said will go now and donate to Cancer Research.
Thanks again you two!

Hercules Spoons 29 June, 2020 16:58
Well done Rich, Seedub and PeterD for doing this.

We were ahead of our time - two great teams on the field.

I was there and had the best day, when I got home we'd been burgled!

BS7 29 June, 2020 19:13
Brilliant, thank you Seedub and Peter D, brought back happy memories. We were sat just behind the Bristol families and a few rows behind Bill Beaumont (who was rather Tigers in his contribution) which was an added bonus to our group. Glad Hesford appreciated our vocal contribution, just hope the current Bristol can provide some silverware as the 'high' stayed with us until the match 12 months after which heralded a change in regional rugby in the west country from Bristol to a little place due east of us. Still hurts. (Sm10)

Fridger 29 June, 2020 19:40
Thanks for all your efforts to get this set up.

Great to watch then and now. What a team that was!

Re: 1983 Cup Final win highlights now on-line!! - follow link in this thread
Brisexile 29 June, 2020 19:44
Ralph Knibbs was some player! And who knew Stuart Barnes ever looked that young!?

Re: 1983 Cup Final win highlights now on-line!! - follow link in this thread
Spiderweb 29 June, 2020 20:03
Three things:
First. Well done for the great memory.
Second. S. Barnes had a hell of a kick.
Third. Look at the speed of the scrum (setup and execution).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net