Latest news:
Untitled Document

New Scrum Coach
Discussion started by Jim H , 01 July, 2020 10:03
New Scrum Coach
Jim H 01 July, 2020 10:03
Alasdair Dickinson joins from Scotland; [www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Glad to see that news is starting to come out! Hopefully extensions for Luatua, CP and Radradra to follow shortly....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 10:03 by Jim H.

Re: New Scrum Coach
Hercules Spoons 01 July, 2020 10:34
I have no knowledge of him as a coach, other than what the Club statement tells us but, in Pat we trust. Welcome Alisdair.

I've looked on the Offy to confirm this: we do not appear to have a dedicated defence or attack coach. I do hope we at least see one other appointment before too long.

Jim H 01 July, 2020 10:50
Think the skills coach does the attack part, but it might be Pat...

Rinkadink 01 July, 2020 11:13
Welcome. I've no idea either but I'm sure Pat knows what's up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 11:14 by Rinkadink.

RJC 01 July, 2020 15:47
I think Pat stated in his Irish interview recently that he does both attack and defence and works with the skills and forwards coaches for both.

Welcome Alasdair

Graham_U 02 July, 2020 19:08
From what I remember of Dickinson as a player he was very mobile and technical prop who could play on both sides of the scrum, and prop well above his weight. So should be someone who understands the technical side and hopefully can put it across well. It says he worked with the Scotland academy, if he had anything to do with the the Scotland U20s scrum who have been a very impressive unit against bigger opposition, then things are looking good.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Hercules Spoons 02 July, 2020 20:18
According to the Glos website he played 3 mins against us on 27th Dec 2008 - did I miss that?

cider head 03 July, 2020 07:02
Let's hope he don't change our scrum too much as IMO we've already got one of the best scrums in the league.

westglos 04 July, 2020 22:55
He was with us at Glaws from 2007-11. Great mobility in the classic loosehead style, but an average scrummager. Hope he's better as a scrum coach for you!
(As a comparison, we've had Trevor Woodman who was a RWC winner, Gloucester legend, who could do it all as an international prop...but he's been far from impressive as our forwards coach!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net