Latest news:
Untitled Document

Tom Kessell
Discussion started by James_P , 10 August, 2020 13:39
Tom Kessell
James_P 10 August, 2020 13:39
Joins until end of season after injury to Cook.
Lifted from the offy:

Scrum half Tom Kessell has joined Bristol Bears on a short-term contract until the end of the 2019/20 season with immediate effect.

The 30-year-old, who spent time on loan at Bristol during the 2014/15 Championship campaign, arrives as injury cover for Chris Cook, who is ruled out until September with a back injury.

Kessell spent four years at Cornish Pirates before making the switch to Northampton Saints where he made 22 appearances. He joined Coventry for the 2018/19 GKIPA Championship campaign.

“With the unfortunate injury to Chris Cook, it’s good to be able to bring somebody in of Tom’s experience to give us depth at the scrum half position,” said Director of Rugby, Pat Lam.

“With nine regular season games in a short turnaround, depth and rotation is going to be critical to ensure we are ready and prepared for the challenge that awaits.

“Chris will be working hard with the medical team to get back to full fitness and in the meantime Tom will provide competition alongside Harry Randall, Andy Uren and Integrated Academy player Blake Boyland.”

Re: Tom Kessell
inatthebreakdown 10 August, 2020 14:45
I wonder how quickly he can do the Kessel Run in?

Bris Bob 10 August, 2020 17:38
Very useful at Pirates I can recall

Gray_Lensman 10 August, 2020 18:57
Quote:
inatthebreakdown

If it's less than 12 parsecs then I'll be very impressed. Especially if he can do it solo.

NickBeard 10 August, 2020 19:11
The first of many I suspect. We can't be expecting to get through to October with a fully fit squad of about 40.

We must have someone lined up for each position. Championship isn't coming back soon. There must be a load of players expecting a call soon.

Singapore Sam 10 August, 2020 19:27
Doubt he'll get much game time, but quite a good reader of the game. Fairly astute signing.

inatthebreakdown 10 August, 2020 21:52
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Quote:
inatthebreakdown

If it's less than 12 parsecs then I'll be very impressed. Especially if he can do it solo.

smiling smiley

Jimeno 10 August, 2020 22:14
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Quote:
inatthebreakdown

I've never been able to work out if that was a mistake or intentional. They have published an explanation which makes out it was intentional but...

ˇVamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

Gray_Lensman 10 August, 2020 22:45
Nah, it was a mistake originally but retconned in the Solo movie.

Rinkadink 10 August, 2020 23:56
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Nah, it was a mistake originally but retconned in the Solo movie.
Underrated movie!

I enjoyed it.

RJC 12 August, 2020 09:04
Quote:
Singapore Sam
Doubt he'll get much game time, but quite a good reader of the game. Fairly astute signing.

I expect he'll get games from the bench, but if something happens to Randall or Uren then it's good cover.

Jonny thomas 12 August, 2020 13:05
Played very well against us a few years ago I seem to recall

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net