Latest news:
Untitled Document

Bath v Gloucester
Discussion started by NickBeard , 14 September, 2020 09:21
Bath v Gloucester
NickBeard 14 September, 2020 09:21
Just noticed this has been scheduled for next week, a week before all the other games in the Round 21. Handy for Bath that. They get a 9 day turnaround and then a 12 day turnaround for their last 2 games whereas their direct rivals have 4/5 day turnarounds. Nice of BT/RFU/Premiership to be so accommodating for them..

Re: Bath v Gloucester
Rich. 14 September, 2020 09:36
But on the other hand it means they might be more likely to face Gloucester's strongest team. But why is it changed? Just to give a game on TV next week I guess

KJS 14 September, 2020 10:50
Not one to normally defend the RFU ..... but in this case I believe that the Bath V Gloucester match is the only one not rearranged, as opposed to the one given special treatment.

I think every other fixture in that round involves at least 1 team involved in the challenge cup, champions cup or premiership cup . Hence the remaining 5 fixtures were moved to accommodate the other 3 competitions.

Does potentially hand Bath a real bonus though..........

Peter_B 14 September, 2020 11:05
Agree KJS. Our Leicester game was originally Wednesday 23rd according to my calendar but was then moved to 30th.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Peter D 14 September, 2020 11:16
It won't benefit Bath if Glos win. (Sm100) Not that I expect them to.

NickBeard 14 September, 2020 12:50
Surely in the interests of a level playing field, they should be scheduled together so that all the teams are playing under the same conditions?

Gray_Lensman 14 September, 2020 13:10
This is rugby. Where the pitch at Bedford constitutes a level playing field.

Rich. 14 September, 2020 13:38
the original date is, all being equal, better for player welfare purposes therefore I think it's right that Bath and Gloucester continue on that date.

Old Bristolian 14 September, 2020 21:54
Having watched tonights game I wouldn't put much money on a Glos win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net