Latest news:
Untitled Document

BBC NEWS. Chiefs v Bris?
Discussion started by Shouting Prarie Dog , 16 October, 2020 18:41
BBC NEWS. Chiefs v Bris?
Shouting Prarie Dog 16 October, 2020 18:41
Its just been announced that we (Chiefs) will play Bristol in next weeks final if Wasps fail new covid tests on Monday.
Bristol were the highest ranked of the semi final losers.

This is on the BBC Sport website.

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2020

Re: BBC NEWS. Chiefs v Bris?
Shouting Prarie Dog 16 October, 2020 18:43
Sorry, missed the comment in another thread.

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2020

bartman! 17 October, 2020 00:41
If Wasps fail the Covid test then Exeter should win the title its that simple.
The playoffs have been made a farce and we as a club should not make it go on any longer, we finished in third place so let it stay as this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 06:53 by bartman!.

Furnessman 17 October, 2020 07:57
yes I think we should call it a day too many games too close together take an honourable 3rd place, Exeter may agree after their European final also especially with the internationals coming up

Jimeno 17 October, 2020 08:55
The number of reasons that Exeter should be handed the trophy grows daily.

°Vamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

sbu 17 October, 2020 09:07
Agree that Bris had the opportunity against Wasp and we were fairly beaten. Hope Wasps do play but like all others fill Exeter deserve to be crown prem winners. We havd had an amazing thrilling end of the season.
New season stsrts soon as well...

Hercules Spoons 17 October, 2020 09:30
I understand Wasps will have further tests this weekend, I hope a decision will be made then. We canít have a week of will they, wonít they - thatís totally unacceptable.
If we are obliged to play I would like us to field a side of players whoíve not had much game time lately but most of all Iíd like Wasps to
play and our guys to get their feet up on the sofa

Gray_Lensman 17 October, 2020 09:38
The season only continued because otherwise the clubs wouldn't have got the BT money. The final will take place even if everyone bar Exeter and Saracens test positive.

Toby12 17 October, 2020 09:39
If Wasps are unable to field a side then Exeter show win the cup by default, surely any other outcome would be totally unfair. Our team were brilliant last night and got us some overdue silverware, letís give them a break now for a while now, new season isnít far off.

SeeGT 17 October, 2020 10:25
Quote:
bartman!
If Wasps fail the Covid test then Exeter should win the title its that simple.
The playoffs have been made a farce and we as a club should not make it go on any longer, we finished in third place so let it stay as this!

Agree.

Field marshall 17 October, 2020 12:22
This game would be a nonsense. If Wasps can't play then the cup should go to the Chiefs. We haven't earned a finals place, it would be a travesty in the unlikely event we won it. Plus, fighting on two fronts and with England games coming up the Chiefs players could use the extra rest (as could ours). Scratch the final game and be done with it.

Singapore Sam 17 October, 2020 12:34
Trouble is BT will want their pound of flesh.

Hercules Spoons 17 October, 2020 12:42
I think we should announce that weíve rested all the players involved last night until the commencement of the new season

kentwasp1 17 October, 2020 16:39
Your club is very lucky to have decent honourable fans like you lot - I am humbled at what you say, thank you

AND WELL DONE LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic display by your lads

Brisman 17 October, 2020 20:45
Quote:
kentwasp1
Your club is very lucky to have decent honourable fans like you lot - I am humbled at what you say, thank you
AND WELL DONE LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic display by your lads
No problem, weíll leave qualifying for play offs by default to that lot down the A4. I hope youíre able to field a team at HQ next week, and wish you the very best of luck for the game.

Bristapo 17 October, 2020 22:46
I have always believed that who ever finishes top are the champions...no playoffs needed. With talk of too many games and player burnout scrap them. Change the rules for next season...with no fans and empty stadiums the play offs making money won't exist...It will also benefit the players.

gran 17 October, 2020 23:14
Quote:
Bristapo
I have always believed that who ever finishes top are the champions...no playoffs needed. With talk of too many games and player burnout scrap them. Change the rules for next season...with no fans and empty stadiums the play offs making money won't exist...It will also benefit the players.
Totally right. Play offs were simply to make money, and with covid they become an absurdity. Player burn out is much more concerning in todays environment. The
Season is over , Exeter have won it by topping the league table.
I cant stand a lot of what goes on in football but they are right when it comes to the champions being the team that tops the league.

Hoopsy 18 October, 2020 02:43
I expect an announcement from PL if Wasps cant field a side along the lines of "No chance are we playing in a Final that we havent earned the right to play in". He is old school, honourable and decent. We have had a great season, 3rd in the League and EC Cup winners. We are done now !
I hope wasps can play but if not Exe are Champions by virtue of the fact they have been the best side.
Simple really isnt it !

HairyKane 18 October, 2020 06:28
Having seen the picture of Bris boarding / departing the plane back from France...Iím not sure we will be able to field a team next Saturday!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net