Latest news:
Untitled Document

Defence - Omar
Discussion started by graham t , 16 October, 2020 22:55
Defence - Omar
graham t 16 October, 2020 22:55
I don't know how much is down to the influence of Omar, but that was one hell of a defensive shift the boys put in tonight. I struggle to remember when we last managed quite such prolonged intensity. If certainly looks as though Omar has got them working together well

Re: Defence - Omar
Brisman 16 October, 2020 23:08
The phases of play just after MM scored, when we defended our line like Lions, then pushed them back until they knocked on was absolutely outstanding.

Jimeno 16 October, 2020 23:13
Seldom seen a better defence sequence than that. Started on our line and ended on the 22. Amazing.

ˇVamos los osos!
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=7153

Earlsbris 16 October, 2020 23:47
Amazing D. Pure guts and determination. Very glad Earl’s ‘out the back’ offload went dead after the brilliant defensive set

Gray_Lensman 17 October, 2020 06:56
I knew nothing about the man other than his name before he joined us. The reaction of Worcester fans didn't necessarily fill me with hope. But Pat said he wanted him (not just that he was available). So I waited and a short while down the line we get a collective and individual defensive set like that which turned the game in our direction. Something I don't believe we could have done previously. So kudos to him.

Cidered Abroad 17 October, 2020 06:59
Many now see Bristol as an attacking team, willing to throw passes in dangerous defensive situations in order to get tries at the other end.

However, the defensive work done on the training ground by coaches and players in all positions, is understated by a significant number. Success in team sports, be it, hockey, soccer, netball and rugby, is founded on a solid defence. It is impossible to to play the throwing, free running game all the time and preventing certain scores for the opposition like the spell referred to in the opening post.

So proud of the Bears.

ROLLO 17 October, 2020 09:59
Congratulations to Bristol on a great win.
Omar is an enigma withiut doubt, I think as others have said if Pat Lam has faith in him that would be good enough for me. He is though very much his own man so don't expect a smooth ride , he is as mad as a box of frogs . I hope he does well for you.

psbh 17 October, 2020 10:32
Yes, defence in the modern game is so important as was proved last weekend by Wasps and Exeter when they defended so well against us and Bath respectively, before eventually breaking loose and scoring tries. Yesterday's defence from Bristol against Toulon was good all round - they never really got a sniff most of the evening as we snuffed them out at before they went over the gainline in most cases.

As other have said, our defence was immense in that period when Toulon were camped on our line. It reminded me a little of the period against B**h at the Rec in Feb(?) when they had about 15 - 20 minutes in our 22 and came away with nothing. Last nigt, all the boys tackled their hearts out and their technique was excellent. So often you see penalties given for offside at the breakdown in those situations, but we kept our discipline so well.

Well done to all the coaches and especially Omar!

BS7 17 October, 2020 12:02
Quote:
psbh
Yes, defence in the modern game is so important as was proved last weekend by Wasps and Exeter when they defended so well against us and Bath respectively, before eventually breaking loose and scoring tries. Yesterday's defence from Bristol against Toulon was good all round - they never really got a sniff most of the evening as we snuffed them out at before they went over the gainline in most cases.
As other have said, our defence was immense in that period when Toulon were camped on our line. It reminded me a little of the period against B**h at the Rec in Feb(?) when they had about 15 - 20 minutes in our 22 and came away with nothing. Last nigt, all the boys tackled their hearts out and their technique was excellent. So often you see penalties given for offside at the breakdown in those situations, but we kept our discipline so well.

Well done to all the coaches and especially Omar!
+1 also reminded me of the Barf match

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net