Latest news:
Untitled Document

Anyone else getting a bit fed up with this stuff
Discussion started by EverOptimistic , 17 October, 2020 11:41
Anyone else getting a bit fed up with this stuff
EverOptimistic 17 October, 2020 11:41
As much as I admire Ben Earl and Max Malins I'm getting a tad annoyed with the focus on these 2 players from BT and Prem Rugby..

The latest gem grom Prem Rugby

"Once again @max_malins7†coming to the rescue to put @BristolBears†20 minutes from the #ChallengeCupRugby title 🦸‍♂️

Along with MOTM Ben Earl how influential have the Saracens loanees been to Bears' success? "

Its almost as if we wouldn't be successful without them.

Re: Anyone else getting a bit fed up with this stuff
BS7 17 October, 2020 11:56
Sadly Iím getting used to it so trying for it not to bother me. Iíve been really impressed with Earls & Malins has come good but thought many in front of Earls last night for MOM.

Rich. 17 October, 2020 11:56
I am but let's ensure it doesn't start to effect how we appreciate the two if them. It's not their fault but there clearly is a lot of love for Sarries among BT Sport and others.

Let's focus on the positives for at least today though!!

Bristapo 17 October, 2020 11:59
Along with MOTM Ben Earl how influential have the Saracens loanees been to Bears' success? "
Very...They are both class players who I would love to keep permanently. Semi gets a lot of attention for the star he is...and others Nathan..Kyle..CP etc get mentioned a lot. Annoyed why ? Just be grateful we have them now...they deserve all the praise they get.

Big Dave 17 October, 2020 12:03
Earl was on another level last night

Brisman 17 October, 2020 12:09
Makes a change from the constantly droning on about Semi I suppose.

Alwaysahooker 17 October, 2020 12:14
Iím not sure what it is about supporting Bristol that seems to always be about the negative
Canít we just enjoy what we have and appreciate the quality and skills of the players

EverOptimistic 17 October, 2020 12:19
Dont get me wrong. Would dearly love to keep them both,. They have been immense for us and I appreciate the obsession with Sarries by some of the media is not their fault.

And that was a great night last night and a fantastic team performance.

Singapore Sam 17 October, 2020 12:25
Earl played very well, but not sure he deserved MOTM? He and Malins are two incredibly talented players, but I also believe that they have improved further whilst at Bristol which puts them in spotlight. Plus media always looking for an angle e.g. with Joe Joyce local boy done good etc. Enjoy the win, who knows they may both be permanent Bristol players at the end of all this.

EverOptimistic 17 October, 2020 12:29
Just to put things in perspective, the Sarrie's twitter account have responded to the tweet in the 1st post

"Both have contributed well to the success but the Bears have quality in abundance. Really good loan move for them. Unexpected trophy this year (as this should have been played before they came) but every chance of @premrugby & @ChampionsCup double next season. Richly deserved."

What a great response.

Platwell House 17 October, 2020 13:05
I tend to ignore it. Nick Mullens is a very poor commentator. He called Dan Thomas 'Ben Thomas' at one point and apparently one of the Toulon players is joining David Rennie at Glasgow next year.

Sarriebone 17 October, 2020 13:12
Quote:
EverOptimistic
Just to put things in perspective, the Sarrie's twitter account have responded to the tweet in the 1st post
"Both have contributed well to the success but the Bears have quality in abundance. Really good loan move for them. Unexpected trophy this year (as this should have been played before they came) but every chance of @premrugby & @ChampionsCup double next season. Richly deserved."

What a great response.

I fully agree with the tweet but fyi that's fan account not the official club account

AlexInSouthville 17 October, 2020 13:23
Quote:
Alwaysahooker
Iím not sure what it is about supporting Bristol that seems to always be about the negative
Canít we just enjoy what we have and appreciate the quality and skills of the players

This.

AlexInSouthville 17 October, 2020 13:25
Quote:
EverOptimistic
As much as I admire Ben Earl and Max Malins I'm getting a tad annoyed with the focus on these 2 players from BT and Prem Rugby..
The latest gem grom Prem Rugby

"Once again @max_malins7†coming to the rescue to put @BristolBears†20 minutes from the #ChallengeCupRugby title 🦸‍♂️

They have been two of our best players since lockdown. Itís seems entirely appropriate and sensible that they would get the lionís share of the focus. There is absolutely no offence to be found here. Move on.

Prop Joe 17 October, 2020 14:00
We have come a long way since the Championship days when the Sky commentators were always announcing Ben Mosses as our star man simply because he came from Bath!

T J 17 October, 2020 16:26
Apparently Ben Mosses still wakes up in a sweat most mornings having had nightmares about Will Hurrell.

Toby12 18 October, 2020 11:26
Feel Earl and Malins will only stay with us for a season theyíre also here to further their England prospects outside of championship rugby. Letís not forget Loan Lloyd is sitting in the wings and during the season can learn things from Malins similarly we have young flankers coming through who can be helped by Earl. Another thought could we seek to bring Jake Polledri back as an Earl replacement, if available, think he is the better player.

Bris Bob 18 October, 2020 14:20
Not for me Toby, Earl has much more to his game than Polledri . Following Bristol connections yes sometimes not always , Eadie doesn't seem to feature to much in selection, correct signing?

Singapore Sam 18 October, 2020 16:06
Quote:
Bris Bob
Not for me Toby, Earl has much more to his game than Polledri . Following Bristol connections yes sometimes not always , Eadie doesn't seem to feature to much in selection, correct signing?

Mitch has looked quite solid when he has played, and able to play in a number of positions. With the depth there is don't think he is more than 3rd choice and injury cover, which was what is needed so imo a correct signing.

OldMarovian 18 October, 2020 17:09
Quote:
EverOptimistic

I'm sure you would have been. Equally its easy to see how both players have been massive positives for Bristol and Bristol for them. Feels like the win, win that Lam was talking about whe he agreed the loans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net