Latest news:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Euro fixtures are out
Discussion started by johneverton , 17 August, 2018 11:10
Euro fixtures are out
johneverton 17 August, 2018 11:10
EPCR, European Rugby’s governing body, announced the confirmed pool dates for the 2018-19 European Challenge Cup today. Sale Sharks start and end their fixtures with games against newly-promoted Perpignan.

In a welcome change from past practice, the match dates are already confirmed and, for rounds 1 to 5, so are the local-time kick offs.

Sale Sharks will re-visit le Stade Aime Giral for their opener on Friday 12th October, before facing Connacht at the AJ Bell the following weekend.

The December ‘back to back’ fixtures are against Bordeaux-Begles, first at le Stade Chaban-Delmas on Saturday 8th December, returning to Salford seven days later.

Sharks’ fans have the chance to visit the Emerald Isle for a game at Galway’s Sportsground on 12th January, before finishing the pool games at home to Perpignan on Saturday 19th. The date is confirmed but the kick off time is not.

Friday 12th October (2045): Perpignan (Away)
Saturday 20th October (1500): Connacht (Home)
Saturday 8th December (1900): Bordeaux-Begles (Away)
Saturday 15th December (1500): Bordeaux-Begles (Home)
Saturday 12th January (1500): Connacht (Away)
Saturday 19th January (TBC): Perpignan (Home)

Re: Euro fixtures are out
buelligansmate 17 August, 2018 11:41
Just booked my flights to Bordeaux!

Olyy 17 August, 2018 12:09
Ryanair Birmingham to Perpignan return for just under £40 smiling smiley

buelligansmate 17 August, 2018 12:53
Quote:
Olyy
Ryanair Birmingham to Perpignan return for just under £40 smiling smiley

Tuesday and Saturday flights only. May not be that convenient for some for a Friday fixture

Olyy 17 August, 2018 13:27
True,
My parents live in a village just down the road though so it works perfectly for me, haha

buelligansmate 17 August, 2018 13:57
Quote:
Olyy
True,
My parents live in a village just down the road though so it works perfectly for me, haha
👍

wrinklieshark 17 August, 2018 14:01
Manchester to Bordeaux return that was £90 at 12.30 is now £149!

wrinklieshark 17 August, 2018 14:06
Make that £184

Long Eaton Shark 17 August, 2018 14:08
Perpignan hotel and flights booked.

wrinklieshark 17 August, 2018 14:26
Long Eaton....have you found any flights that don't involve daft o'clock as we are too old?

Timperley Shark 17 August, 2018 16:02
Bordeaux flights booked.

ashtonshark 17 August, 2018 16:06
Bordeaux booked. Out direct on Friday. Back via Brussels on Sunday

buelligansmate 17 August, 2018 16:25
Quote:
wrinklieshark

Turn cookies off on your computer when you are browsing. If you come back when cookies are on "they" know you have been before and put the price up.

Similarly organisations "twig" that something is happening based on number of sales or enquiries and put the price up.

One son has mate that does just that - he's moved on to cruises now from flights

Rani of the Road 17 August, 2018 16:28
Quote:
wrinklieshark

Probably because it is filling up - I have booked this trip - so demand will overtake supply. Any ideas on match tickets?

Long Eaton Shark 18 August, 2018 06:24
Quote:
wrinklieshark
Long Eaton....have you found any flights that don't involve daft o'clock as we are too old?

Unfortunately not. I'm am travelling down to Stansted Wednesday afternoon and staying in a local BnB near the airport.

wrinklieshark 18 August, 2018 07:44
Thanks Long Eaton. Still looking for something a bit more user friendly

StalyShark 18 August, 2018 08:47
Do we have any idea if/when tv coverage of these games will be announced?

JohnJ of HM 18 August, 2018 09:49
Offy now has Perpignan at home on 18/01/19. Is that an indication it's on TV?

StalyShark 18 August, 2018 09:58
Quote:
JohnJ of HM
Offy now has Perpignan at home on 18/01/19. Is that an indication it's on TV?

Sub-plot of Paddy Jackson is enough to get it on sky sports.

johneverton 18 August, 2018 10:10
The 'offy' on my screen has the home game against Perpignan on Saturday 19th January. KO TBC. as explained in the text.

French TV channels are covering the games at Perpignan and Bordeaux, according to the EPCR website

Irish_Shark 18 August, 2018 13:02
Dublin to bordeaux with aer lingus is €86 return. Fly out friday dec 7th at 12.25pm return sunday dec 9th at 3.45. Just need flights with a budget carrier of your choice to get to dublin.

emerging shark 18 August, 2018 16:30
Try Manchester to Barcelona at around £100 return. Hire a car say between 4 people, its a 2 hour drive to Perpignan Autopista/route all the way.We did that when we played Narbonne some years ago.

JohnJ of HM 18 August, 2018 20:56
Quote:
johneverton
The 'offy' on my screen has the home game against Perpignan on Saturday 19th January. KO TBC. as explained in the text.
French TV channels are covering the games at Perpignan and Bordeaux, according to the EPCR website

My computer definitely showing 18/01/19 with no KO time or day of the week.

Long Eaton Shark 18 August, 2018 21:34
Quote:
wrinklieshark

It's not ideal, I must admit. Staying the night in a village called Elsenham, not too far from the airport.

wrinklieshark 18 August, 2018 22:41
We're flying from Birmingham Tuesday to Saturday. Afternoon flights...better for wrinklies.

johneverton 19 August, 2018 06:55
JohnJ of HM: I see it now. I was looking at our recent front page, Facebook and Twitter postings. Yes indeed - it looks like the Cup games have been left there for future attention. Fixtures & Results are inserted from an external source, and there are some changes due any day now, but we'll be 'on the case' tomorrow (Monday) morning first thing. Our office is usually open well before Sotic's. Thanks for pointing the matter out.

Rani of the Road 19 August, 2018 13:04
Don't need your help now, ticket info sorted.

M5 Shark 19 August, 2018 17:36
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Quote:
wrinklieshark

It's not ideal, I must admit. Staying the night in a village called Elsenham, not too far from the airport.

Elsenham is a lovely little country village (used to have a nice pub - think it is still there) - I grew up in the next village along. My school/uni summer holidays were spent working at Elsenham jam factory!!!!

wrinklieshark 19 August, 2018 18:03
Quote:
wrinklieshark
We're flying from Birmingham Tuesday to Saturday. Afternoon flights...better for wrinklies.
Still less than £50 round trip with Ryanair....no cancellations please Mr Ryan. 2 nights at Collioure on the coast home of Matisse and the fauvists. Good fish restaurant if I remember correctly...stayed there when we played Narbonne. Then 2 nights in Perpignan where apparently they run a free shuttle to the match as long as you've got a ticket.

Long Eaton Shark 19 August, 2018 20:26
Quote:
M5 Shark
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Quote:
wrinklieshark

Elsenham is a lovely little country village (used to have a nice pub - think it is still there) - I grew up in the next village along. My school/uni summer holidays were spent working at Elsenham jam factory!!!!

The Crown?

M5 Shark 19 August, 2018 20:58
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Quote:
M5 Shark
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Quote:
wrinklieshark

The Crown?

That's it. Many memories from the mid 80's to late 90's. I think i watched a space shuttle land ( or take off) at the airport from near that pub!!!!

I believe iBozz frequented the area at some point too

iBozz 20 August, 2018 06:52
Quote:
M5 Shark
I believe iBozz frequented the area at some point too

Guilty as charged, M'Lud. Two and a half years, without the option, in Bishops Stortford - this term honorable opponents of Sale FC in National 1. (Sm65)

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2018 06:53 by iBozz.

beardedshark 20 August, 2018 08:27
Quote:
M5 Shark
Quote:
Long Eaton Shark
Quote:
wrinklieshark

that's my neck of the woods, decent pub with rooms in our village called the swan, in Great Easton. Only 10 mins from Stansted

Megar5 21 August, 2018 22:08
Another great option is Manchester to Carcassonne. Ryanair fly Fridays and Mondays all year round. Hire a car. Perpignan is c90 mins away. As mentioned above Collioure is beautiful and Perpignan lovely too. For those staying longer, obviously Carcassonne, Mirepoix and the Limoux countryside are fab. Luckily we have a house out ther. Unluckily we have booked to return home the week before the game sad smiley

BasilBullneck 23 August, 2018 13:30
Bordeaux, here 4 of us come!! Aside from supporting the team, it struck us it was a great way of avoiding Christmas shopping - until Angie advised me there is a pigging Christmas market in Bordeaux!! I feel a long lunch coming on before the game!!

StalyShark 25 August, 2018 14:11
Perpignan look awful. We won't even get their best team out so doubt we'll need Ashton for that game! Silver linings.

Long Eaton Shark 13 September, 2018 07:52
Nothing on the official Perpignan website for match tickets yet.

I've had an email to say they are £36 for adults in our allocated block along the side of the pitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net