Latest news:
Saturday 14 December - 14:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham at West Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

So we have a club....
Discussion started by WPL (IP Logged), 28 June, 2019 15:17
leeds_shark
WPL
28 June, 2019 15:17
....but no team or coaches

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
28 June, 2019 15:33
Given that the rest of the Championship clubs have been preparing for weeks already then we certainly have a lot to do in the next 8 weeks. (When I say we I do not mean the fans)

(Sm124)

JDH1
JDH1
28 June, 2019 15:39
Hey GAME ON.

oopnorth
oopnorth
28 June, 2019 15:43
Can we call it Leeds or Yorkshire Tykes, or failing that Headingley. thumbs down

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
28 June, 2019 16:17
I look forward to seeing the Cunning Plan spring into action. It was described as the "Featherstone Rovers model" by Gary Hetherington.

Johnflinn
NOM
28 June, 2019 16:55
No mention of an RFU sanction for this? As it states 100% support presumably the players owed wages had to accept a fraction of their contract value.

Sets a very dangerous precedent for the game if this goes without any penalty but hey ho, the RFU not getting much right lately.

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
28 June, 2019 17:05
A relief we have a club, now to get a team that hopefully means we can survive in the Championship

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
28 June, 2019 17:11
Not the outcome I had thought likely. I am most curious to see how we now build a squad and support staff and even more to see how we get on on the field. I hope I am in for a pleasant surprise but I fear that the end may only have been delayed for a year.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
28 June, 2019 17:40
Quote:
NOM
No mention of an RFU sanction for this? As it states 100% support presumably the players owed wages had to accept a fraction of their contract value.
Sets a very dangerous precedent for the game if this goes without any penalty but hey ho, the RFU not getting much right lately.

Thanks for your support in these difficult times.

Feeding
Feeding
29 June, 2019 06:21
Wonder who are the poor sods who will now receive just 15% of the money owed to them for the goods and services they have provided?

Camquin
Camquin
29 June, 2019 09:22
There is a clause that says that if you repay the debt or get creditors agreement within 6 weeks of the insolvency event there is no points deduction.

The question is what did RFU count as the insolvency event. I suspect in reality it was more than 6 weeks from first payment being missed to now. But I think the RFU put the telescpe to their blind eye until the CVA negotiation was announced.

tightprop
tightprop
29 June, 2019 13:23
I'm just grateful that we still have a club, albeit it in a very basic form. We are under-resourced in so many areas that the risk of collapsing again may exist for a few years.

For good and bad reasons, the club got into a position where it could only meet a fraction of its debts. Everybody suffers:players, staff, creditors and fans.

But we have a club. I'm delighted it still exists. The club has given me so many great times over so many years. The fact that there are still fans - though smaller in number - is one of several factors that may have convinced creditors and the RFU to support us in time of need. Had there not been loyal fans, why bother?

So, lets hope we are at the bottom of the trough and now on the way back up.

Churchill was quoted as saying "When going through hell, keep going!"

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
29 June, 2019 14:05
Good post tightprop. smiling smiley

Yorki
Yorki
29 June, 2019 17:45
Glad to say I was wrong about the clubs demise and I hope we can slowly build again.

I just have a nagging doubt why YC does not attract the benefactors it should with having such great facilities. When most clubs in the championship and the premiership would be over moon with Headingly and Kirkstall.

Wharfedale1985
Wharfedale1985
02 July, 2019 09:41
Suspect they wont want to get involved with GH and co.

Tyko
Tyko
02 July, 2019 10:19
Quote:
Yorki
Glad to say I was wrong about the clubs demise and I hope we can slowly build again.
I just have a nagging doubt why YC does not attract the benefactors it should with having such great facilities. When most clubs in the championship and the premiership would be over moon with Headingly and Kirkstall.

As I've said before on this site, I think any benefactor would like to be able to run his own show. Headingley is a fantastic venue but it would not feel like home to a tenant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net