Latest news:
Saturday 14 December - 14:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham at West Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Ring a Ring of Roses
Discussion started by TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged), 12 July, 2019 08:29
TykesRugby.co.uk
TykesRugby.co.uk
12 July, 2019 08:29
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2019 06:43 by Wildwillie .

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
12 July, 2019 12:06
Nice piece WPL.
One comment I would make is that Pirates stadium has not commenced yet, and even when the first phase build is complete it will not meet Premiership standards, requiring an additional £10 million plus upgrade.

leeds_shark
WPL
12 July, 2019 12:40
Fair point almost - I would group them with Doncaster then, potential if (more) money is spent

haxbytyke
Haxbytyke
12 July, 2019 20:55
"Close the door for 3 years – slightly better but not much, to me it just says stagnate for 2 years and then go mad in the 3rd year."

That was the Carnegie plan 2 years ago, and it has backfired spectacularly. Some of us saw it coming, but our opinions didn't matter,we were just being negative. A complete shambles.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
13 July, 2019 16:52
The one option I cannot see is to go to 14 clubs in the Premiership. The rfu wants the Premiership to create and maintain successful international players, but if we look at the Top14 in France, their 14 team top tier does the opposite. It is a slog, players are made available for the 6 Nations a week after the other countries, and it is a major factor on why France punches below its weight at international level.
I know that the cup competition could be reduced/eliminated to help reduce the number of matches played, but in reality only squad-players (not internationals) currently play in the cup competition.

MESSAGES->author
Leeds Carnegie Signed Flag
19 July, 2019 18:52
Quote:
Haxbytyke
"Close the door for 3 years – slightly better but not much, to me it just says stagnate for 2 years and then go mad in the 3rd year."
That was the Carnegie plan 2 years ago, and it has backfired spectacularly. Some of us saw it coming, but our opinions didn't matter,we were just being negative. A complete shambles.
Couldn’t agree more there, I was definitely part of the negative crew way back in the 5 year plan or however long it was for.

However this idea of ring fencing only seems to come around when a top team is heading for possible failure was really talked about this time because of the Leicester situation, unfortunately I think it will happen but only once the RFU are satisfied with the clubs it has in the Premiership, I hope I’m wrong but maybe they are wanting a team like Pirates to come up and Worcester to drop? Anyway however you look at it Leeds definitely isn’t in the plan to be a Premiership side not for a long while at least

Some say he has a Tykes flag with team signatures on.
Others say that he's doing the same to the Carnegie flag,
All we know is that he's called Leeds carnegie signed flag.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net