Latest news:
Saturday 14 December - 14:00, Yorkshire Carnegie v Nottingham at West Park
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

On reflection
Discussion started by Yorki (IP Logged), 10 August, 2019 15:21
Yorki
Yorki
10 August, 2019 15:21
On reflection I now look at he club and wonder why they saved them selves from oblivion, the only reason I can see its is because the management team and benefactors actually want a leading rugby union club based in Leeds what ever it is called. YC has struggled for years to fund a championship club with the low numbers of supporters going through the gates. This latest financial debacle has been the last straw for some supporters and I understand that. But as supporters we are passionate and sometimes think with our hearts, where the club has to think with its heads and balance sheet. Yes the club is poor at communicating, I think they would be better making statement to say they are unable to provide updates at that moment due to commercial in confidence restrictions. For example as soon as the medical bill issue was to be resolved that could have tweeted a benefactor had stepped forward and intends to resolve the situation. Instead of responding to an enquiry from a supporter.

I have to acknowledge that I have made critical comments of the management of YC over the years and I am genuinely surprised that they got through this latest financial disaster alive. I believe this club will survive because the RFU want it to, because they need a premiership club in this region in the long term. That fact will continue to rankle other regional clubs and supporters what I understand but unfortunately that's is business.

So on reflection I will continue to support the club and go to as many matches as possible.

Billy ba
Billy ba
10 August, 2019 15:32
Should start s supporters in thread to go along side the player in thread.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
10 August, 2019 16:03
Quote:
Billy ba
Should start s supporters in thread to go along side the player in thread.

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
10 August, 2019 16:21
Good posts Yorki and Billy Ba. smiling smiley

Yorki you hit on a good point: why has the management team jumped through hoops, taken a lot of grief to save the team? All this at a time when Hetherington and Gibson have had the major distraction of the Rhinos' relegation battle.

It would have been a lot easier to throw in the towel and walk away.

I imagine that the part-time, ú600k budget scenario is not sustainable for more than one season and that the hope is that it buys time and somehow a major sponsor/benefactor will come on board? Dr Zeuse has confirmed a RU club a Headingley is unlikey to ever be a going concern without benefactor subsidy.

Or is it because there is a desire to keep Headingley rugby facilities in use all year round?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net