Latest news:

OT Headingley Disaster
Discussion started by almostatyke (IP Logged), 23 August, 2019 20:21
MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
23 August, 2019 20:21
Has anyone seen the cricket?

As a new founder member of the cricket miserati, I am not sure I have seen a worse England performance in a home Ashes test. Seems our batsmen are great at one day slogging but cannot buckle-down to the less glamourous keep your wicket and the runs will come later test requirements of today's play.

The Headingley ground has been redeveloped at additional expense to meet this Ashes Test deadline, yet I can see that they will have to give the money back to those who have booked Sunday tickets, which includes my son. Despite really excellent weather.

Can an optimistic cricket supporter offer me some happy pills I wonder?

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion
23 August, 2019 21:28
Putting aside the team performance, or lack of, its a great venue to experience the match as I have for the past two days initially as a Yorkie (Yorkshire Cricket Foundation volunteer) then as a spectator. Facilities brilliant, as is our new rugby facility, which jointly comprise the world class venue.

Cannot help with any happy pills though, England were abysmal!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
23 August, 2019 21:39
Sorry BL, but in my new role as cricket miserati, I cannot let that comment about "world class venue" pass without a sneer.

MESSAGES->author
Albert Fishwick
23 August, 2019 22:34
Shiny new ground but same old sh*te on the pitch.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

JDH1
JDH1
24 August, 2019 00:10
Been catching up on the BBC. Batting has been bloody awful.

MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion
25 August, 2019 08:02
But getting better (for some!)

Bobba
Bobba
25 August, 2019 18:50
Disaster? What disaster?(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
25 August, 2019 19:56
Miracles do happen (Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
25 August, 2019 20:13
Absolute fluke and should have been disallowed. Firstly Ben Stokes is a Kiwi and shouldn't be playing for us, he also has had severe disciplinary issues. The umpire also missed a clear LBW. And Australia had their best (by far) batter not playing because of GBH caused by an English bowler in the previous match. And it is well known that everyone hates anything that happens at Headingley.

I am finding this miserati cricket approach quite easy.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
25 August, 2019 20:36
(Sm22)

yeldor
yeldor
25 August, 2019 21:24
[quote almostatyke]Absolute fluke and should have been disallowed. Firstly Ben Stokes is a Kiwi and shouldn't be playing for us, he also has had severe disciplinary issues. The umpire also missed a clear LBW. And Australia had their best (by far) batter not playing because of GBH caused by an English bowler in the previous match. And it is well known that everyone hates anything that happens at Headingley.

I am finding this miserati cricket approach quite easy.[/quot

Plenty of examples on this M/B Almo .

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
26 August, 2019 09:34
I thought that the stadium looked good in the sunshine yesterday. (Sm134)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net