Latest news:

Update
Discussion started by leemingtyke (IP Logged), 06 September, 2019 12:44
MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
06 September, 2019 12:44
All,

A DM response to a tweet I sent yesterday contains the following update:

'training and preparations for the first game on 20th Sep are underway and there has been 25+ players at each session so far.'

I won't say where this came from but I have no hesitation in saying that I believe it's accurate.

JDH1
JDH1
06 September, 2019 13:05
With all the negative social media they have kept it low key. I have no issues with this.

Looking forward to seeing how they go this year

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
06 September, 2019 14:20
Quote:
JDH1
With all the negative social media they have kept it low key. I have no issues with this.
Looking forward to seeing how they go this year

JDH,

I'd say that intelligent and honest communication from the club to the supporters from the outset might have gone someway towards mitigating the negative social media.

The haters will always be there, but at least those of us who support the club would know what's happening.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 14:26 by leemingtyke.

JDH1
JDH1
07 September, 2019 12:50
I agree communication and updates have been poor. Treatment of players who have left has been poor too.

But I am glad we survive and can hopefully move to a better place in the future.

Personally I don't need updates every week etc. I am just glad I can go watch them this season. Who nows we may see improved performances on what we saw the start of last year.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
07 September, 2019 13:09
I would be happier if it was 30+ players training.

(Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
07 September, 2019 23:25
Unfortunately, I think the apparent lack of interest in this news speaks volumes.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
11 September, 2019 14:03
Bumped into an ex well-loved player turned coach at a Prem club today. When asked if I was going to Nottingham and I joked about watching with my hands over my eyes, he said: "Don't worry, they'll be alright."

Wouldn't give details but when I said it's difficult as we only know of a few players he confirmed the 25+.

JDH1
JDH1
11 September, 2019 17:04
I bet we have more points after 10 games than we did last season....

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
12 September, 2019 16:47
With just over a week to go, it would be good to know who the 25+ are. Gonna have to reveal it at some point.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
12 September, 2019 18:04
The team sheet handed to the referee just before the game????

(Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
12 September, 2019 19:24
Might just say Triallist 1-22!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
12 September, 2019 20:16
Strangely, I have noticed some people with a rugby physique in the Morrisons at Kirkstall, and now I understand why they were wearing false beards and masks!

Tyko
Tyko
13 September, 2019 00:04
No wonder Morrison's profits have gone up!! - reported today. These big lads can eat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net