Latest news:

Everybody Hates Us!
Discussion started by Beeston Lion (IP Logged), 11 September, 2019 20:48
MESSAGES->author
Beeston Lion
11 September, 2019 20:48
What a great incentive for the coming season. Chance to put things right in response to lots of inaccurate reporting/speculation in various places. Irrespective of thoughts relating to handling of the crisis over the off season the players who will turn out deserve the full support of anyone purporting to be a fan of Yorkshire Carnegie. Its time to put up or shut up!!

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
11 September, 2019 20:50
smiling smiley

JDH1
JDH1
11 September, 2019 21:42
I will be getting my season tickets. One the road at West Park too. Which is nice.

Billy ba
Billy ba
11 September, 2019 22:33
Me too

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad
12 September, 2019 10:26
We lost all of our players because we were insolvent
Lots of people were owed lots of money
These people have now lost 85% of the money they were owed
The Club has managed to get its hand on the RFU £530k
The Club has used/is using that money to try and lure players and coaches away from other Yorkshire clubs, both prior to and after the start of the season
Clubs below level 2 have suffered RFU funding cuts
Hull Ionians lost their DoR to YC a few weeks before the season start and got spanked by 70 points
The name to Yorkshire Carnegie was made to, in the words of Geech - "foundations to create a sustainable and successful club for the county" That is very much NOT the case now
The anger/hatred out in the various Shires is very real and we should accept that the bad feeling will remain for a long time and there is little point bleating on about it.
I think the title should be changed to "Everybody from other Yorkshire rugby clubs Hates Us!

Billy ba
Billy ba
12 September, 2019 10:35
Are you a Carnegie supporter trying to improve our image

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad
12 September, 2019 10:58
Quote:
Billy ba
Are you a Carnegie supporter trying to improve our image
Yorkshireman
Yorkshire Rugby Fan
.....and as of a couple of weeks ago an ex Yorkshire Carnegie fan

Carnegiette2
Carnegiette2
12 September, 2019 11:21
Quote:
Beeston Lion
Irrespective of thoughts relating to handling of the crisis over the off season the players who will turn out deserve the full support of anyone purporting to be a fan of Yorkshire Carnegie. Its time to put up or shut up!!

Exactly this. Those (players and coaches) who have taken the leap of faith and agreed to join for this season have nothing to do with whatís gone before.

They need our support. They have mine.

MESSAGES->author
Competitive Dad
12 September, 2019 11:27
Talk about ostriches .... It's what is going on now that is the crux of the problem for most Yorkshire rugby folk. If Donny were acting this way then this board would be on fire.

MESSAGES->author
SideStep
12 September, 2019 14:14
I can't help but feel that some Carnegie fans have just become willing to accept any old rubbish from the club.
For me I'm going to go out on a limb and say the majority of us who have been following since Leeds Tykes or even before that will be finding it very hard to go this season.
I feel very much so for the player who have been screwed over in my opinion.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

Billy ba
Billy ba
12 September, 2019 15:22
It seems that some on this site were quiet and happy when it looked like we wouldn't be able to raise a team and fulfill our fixtures. Now we can the moaning and unhelpful criticism is back. Come on Carnegie

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
12 September, 2019 15:48
it appears even our own fans (or ex fans that still like post bizarrely) don't like us,

i was speaking to an ex players dad today at work and we discussed the situation at length, i explained how for a large part of the off season i was debating getting a season ticket and how torn i was as a supporter for all players/staff etc of last year and the guys who through their own choice have chosen to play for YC this coming season,

This guy put it better than i ever could

"Morally and Ethically its wrong but its totally legal and goes on throughout the world of business every single day, its because its closer to home its very raw"

As a result not just this county but country wide we are as I've said before as popular as a fart in a wet suit,

However whats done is done it isn't going to change now and as i was told by this Dad, not one player/coach/D.O.R who have signed for this season have been press ganged into it, they are doing it off their own bat, at no point have they been bundled into HC with an arm tied behind their back and forced to sign, of course other clubs aint gonna be happy but most shouldn't throw stones as reckon most have encouraged players to join for that little bit more car park money???

carry on venting on here if it makes you feel better? start a venting thread so not to clutter up others (unless that's the plan?) its a bit like a broken record if im honest, nothing will change and the lads who sign need our support, so get behind them or leave us be to get on with it cant understand anyone with so much fury and anger want want to waste time on here anyway? opinions are one thing and everyone entitled to them but just think your time will be better spent with other pastimes

so literally everyone hates us..................So let the little band of supporters who want to get behind the wreckage of whats left and hopefully move forward

JDH1
JDH1
12 September, 2019 20:57
Well said

Tyko
Tyko
13 September, 2019 00:00
Quote:
JDH1
Well said

Wot he sed !!!

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
14 September, 2019 13:51
Opus - thank you, voice of reason... again.

RothwellTyke
RothwellTyke
14 September, 2019 19:37
Well said Opus. I am looking forward to the season, got my season ticket and will get behind this group of players. They have nothing to do with our past but they are our future and deserve our support. If you donít want to support anymore then I respect your choice and hope you watch some league rugby in Yorkshire but donít dismiss or disrespect those of us who will continue to support this team

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
14 September, 2019 20:24
Quote:
RothwellTyke
............... If you donít want to support anymore then I respect your choice and hope you watch some league rugby in Yorkshire but donít dismiss or disrespect those of us who will continue to support this team

thumbs down

Bobba
Bobba
14 September, 2019 20:24
Why Rugby League? There are loads of Union Clubs in Yorkshire!

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
14 September, 2019 20:31
Quote:
Bobba

Union clubs play in leagues. (Sm164)

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
14 September, 2019 22:34
I'm quite motivated by all the rubbish that's been printed, posted and said about us over the last few months to be honest.

I've been waiting to see the make up of the squad because I didn't want us to go down the Hartpury route, or put out a team of uni kids in the championship.

Now we know that's not going to be the case, I'm right up for next season. This backs against the wall, us against the world position we find ourselves in is really appealing to me.

It's gonna be a really difficult season on the field but if we can win the odd game, stay up and send our detractors into a meltdown in the process then I'm right up for it to be honest.

I'll nail my colours to the mast right now and say that I'll get behind them from the outset.

Come on Carnegie.

MESSAGES->author
almostatyke
15 September, 2019 09:28
Nice one Leeming. Look forward to seeing your Typhoon in the car park.

Bobba
Bobba
15 September, 2019 11:31
Quote:
Wildwillie
Quote:
Bobba

Union clubs play in leagues. (Sm164)

You've got me there WW. But I suspect I got the original meaning right!(Sm108)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net