Latest news:
Sunday 13 October, KO 15;00, Yorkshire Carnegie v Bedford at Emerald Headingley
Send interesting rugby oriented stories to Independent_tykes@hotmail.com
Please make sure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere and post a link to the original material if found online. Opinions expressed on these message boards and in articles are those of the original authors and do not represent the view of the editors unless explicitly stated.
This site has NO affiliation to
Leeds RUFC Ltd, Leeds Rugby or the Leeds Carnegie Supporters' Association and is run independently of those and all other organisations. Readers and posters are referred to the websites of those organisations for their official views.

Friday Expectations
Discussion started by WPL (IP Logged), 17 September, 2019 10:42
leeds_shark
WPL
17 September, 2019 10:42
So it's the week of the 1st game - who would have thought it!

We have a club, we have a squad, what are people's expectations of the game?

For me being realistic it's out 1st game as a team, no pre-season warm ups, no evidence of a behind closed door friendly so I think it's going to be a getting to know you performance - so I'm not expecting a miracle result. To me what would be a positive is a good performance from a team working hard for each other. It might be that it identifies some gaps that we need to plug with further signings / DRs / Loans.

Oh and it could be the 1st time we see the new kit - I wonder if the training kit of blue and yellow is an indication?

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
17 September, 2019 11:50
It's going to be difficult and a lot will depend on what emphasis Nottingham place on the cup games.

I completely agree with your expectations WPL, evidence of a tight group (and I include us few remaining supporters in that group).

I think we'll have to develop a bit of a siege mentality to get through this season, us against the world. To me that's a great opportunity to develop a close bond between squad and supporters. If we manage to get through the season, we'll be all the stronger for it.

No triumph without adversity.

Come on Carnegie.

Bobba
Bobba
17 September, 2019 13:00
It was suggested somewhere previously, that the Club would use these cup matches as their pre season warn ups, so any result in our favour would be great.

JDH1
JDH1
17 September, 2019 16:03
Mine are low

MESSAGES->author
leemingtyke
17 September, 2019 18:11
If they need any extra motivation they should just nip across to Rolling Maul to read some of the absolute @#$%& that's being posted on there.

MESSAGES->author
Gelbel
17 September, 2019 19:04
Who's going? #girlsontour will be there.

yeldor
yeldor
17 September, 2019 21:46
We . R.

sent off carried off never backed off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2019 20:52 by yeldor.

MESSAGES->author
Wildwillie
18 September, 2019 08:07
I expect it to be like 1st preseason game. Lots of mistakes with lineout misfunctioning & any points coming from the boot of JF. Anything else will be a bonus. (Sm134)

MESSAGES->author
opuscoitus
18 September, 2019 08:46
Not expecting miracles if they get chance of points take them, in a league of 3 this season and home and away against Ampthill and Hartpury are the key fixtures, take everything else as a bonus

Bobba
Bobba
18 September, 2019 13:47
I'm not expecting for a result in our favour, but am prepared to be surprised.

leeds_shark
WPL
18 September, 2019 14:15
I didn't realise how soon we play Ampthill in the league - 2nd game in, too early for a do or die but could be key for the season. I suspect they might pick up 1 or 2 surprise results as well with teams not used to going there.

Hartpury away is not many games after that as well.

Even throwing it out there that based on last season Scottish may be looking over their shoulder, that's early November as well (unfortunately all away!)

What we don't know is when it comes to the league, what DRs might we be able to get?

Tricolour
Tricolour
18 September, 2019 15:32
Nottingham are also using the Cup matches as their pre-season, could make for an error strewn 80-
minutes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net